Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
radioheid
"They Are A Bunch Of Hillbillies That Drive Pick-Up Trucks"
October 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I overheard someone saying this in reference to Republicans at a soccer game today. So, I'm curious... How many of you Republicans out there drive or have a husband who drives a pick-up truck? Let's see how accurate this stereotype is.

I am a registered Republican, and this is my daily driver:

LOL

As you all well know, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican, but when a Libertarian isn't available on the ballot, I vote Republican probably 80% of the time, with the other 20% going to conservative Democrats and Indies.

This is for fun, ladies. I'm just curious as to how accurate this stereotype is.

Replies

• Stephanie329
    October 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    At least it's recent!

I like it.

Quoting radioheid:

I have a Gary Johnson 2012 "We The People Are PISSED" bumper sticker on my truck. lol

Quoting Stephanie329:

Do you mind if democrats answer? We have a pick-up truck. I don't think the car you drive defines what party you align with (not saying you think this OP) - unless it's plastered with Romney bumper stickers:)

I seriously saw very recently a Mcain/Palin bumper sticker.

• radioheid
    October 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM

My twin sister is also a registered Repub. She also drives an SUV (Chevy Blazer). 

I didn't necessarily believe the stereotype, but I have heard similar comments before, so I was curious. My older sister, a Democrat, lived out in the sticks for a few years and bitched at length about all the rednecks with their Bush/Cheney bumper stickers on the back of their pick-up trucks. lol

Quoting Kylie819:

We are Republicans...we have an SUV and a minivan :)

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My ex husband used to have a Ford pickup and he's Republican. When we lived in Fayetteville, the pick up trucks with gun racks in the back window and Rebel Flags ,too, were everywhere!

I am in the great north country now...LOL...and I have a Honda CRV.

In the suburb/farm town where I live there are so any loud pickup trucks with HUGE wheels and NRA stickers that it makes me very curious but I don't feel comfortable asking them if they are Repubs. LOL.

My son in law has a truck and he's a Repub. But he is very sweet and kind and gentle.

• sweet-a-kins
    October 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    Me and hubs are liberal dems - no pick up truck but my husband considered getting one

My republican aunt and uncle do not drive a pick up

(They both have Chevy malibu's)

My republican cousin does ...not sure what kind but its huge

My sisters are both dems and they do not drive pickups

My close dem friend doesn't but both her republican brothers do
  • radioheid
    October 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I've made the same observation. I figured this was a safe zone to ask. lol

Quoting lga1965:

My ex husband used to have a Ford pickup and he's Republican. When we lived in Fayetteville, the pick up trucks with gun racks in the back window and Rebel Flags ,too, were everywhere!

I am in the great north country now...LOL...and I have a Honda CRV.

In the suburb/farm town where I live there are so any loud pickup trucks with HUGE wheels and NRA stickers that it makes me very curious but I don't feel comfortable asking them if they are Repubs. LOL.

My son in law has a truck and he's a Repub. But he is very sweet and kind and gentle.

• sweet-a-kins
    October 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    Quoting radioheid:

When I first got married 13 years ago my hubby bought an old blazer that I hated

When I got pregnant he made me drive that instead of my small ford probe to be safer

And I LOVED it after that!!
  • Woodbabe
    October 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I own an NRA affiliated gun club and about half are trucks...the rest are high end sports cars down here in South Texas!

• radioheid
    October 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I picked out the Blazer my sister drives (it is legally mine because she doesn't have her license yet, just a permit). She LOATHED it at first. After driving it a couple times, she fell in love with it. lol That was my "told ya so" moment.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting radioheid:

When I first got married 13 years ago my hubby bought an old blazer that I hated

When I got pregnant he made me drive that instead of my small ford probe to be safer

• Woodbabe
    October 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Two registered Republicans, frequent third party voters.

• sweet-a-kins
    October 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    I totally hijacked that truck even after baby was born! Lol

Finally had to give it up...

Quoting radioheid:

I picked out the Blazer my sister drives (it is legally mine because she doesn't have her license yet, just a permit). She LOATHED it at first. After driving it a couple times, she fell in love with it. lol That was my "told ya so" moment.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting radioheid:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts