Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
radioheid
"They Are A Bunch Of Hillbillies That Drive Pick-Up Trucks"
October 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I overheard someone saying this in reference to Republicans at a soccer game today. So, I'm curious... How many of you Republicans out there drive or have a husband who drives a pick-up truck? Let's see how accurate this stereotype is.

I am a registered Republican, and this is my daily driver:

LOL

As you all well know, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican, but when a Libertarian isn't available on the ballot, I vote Republican probably 80% of the time, with the other 20% going to conservative Democrats and Indies.

This is for fun, ladies. I'm just curious as to how accurate this stereotype is.

Replies

• Peanutx3
    October 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Well my husband was a republican and he drove a Dodge Ram.

• Due9
    by Due9
    October 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

No pick up trucks here. And there never will be.

• Lizardannie1966
    October 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Republicans, both Pa and I are. The Mister is the only driver (I'm disabled from a coon shooting accident) and drives a Chevy Silveraldo pick-up. No pics. Our camera done got ruined when our son Jethro blew it up using it as target practice.

• radioheid
    October 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

So far it appears about 75% accurate. lol

• Stephanie329
    October 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Do you mind if democrats answer? We have a pick-up truck. I don't think the car you drive defines what party you align with (not saying you think this OP) - unless it's plastered with Romney bumper stickers:)

I seriously saw very recently a Mcain/Palin bumper sticker.
  • Kylie819
    October 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    We are Republicans...we have an SUV and a minivan :)
  • romalove

I'm a registered Republican and so is my husband.

I drive a Ford Freestar Minivan.

My husband drives a Pontiac Vibe (bright red with leather interior)

Make of that what you will.  LOL

• radioheid

I have a Gary Johnson 2012 "We The People Are PISSED" bumper sticker on my truck. lol

Quoting Stephanie329:

Do you mind if democrats answer? We have a pick-up truck. I don't think the car you drive defines what party you align with (not saying you think this OP) - unless it's plastered with Romney bumper stickers:)

I seriously saw very recently a Mcain/Palin bumper sticker.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 6, 2012 at 1:32 PM

wink

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Republicans, both Pa and I are. The Mister is the only driver (I'm disabled from a coon shooting accident) and drives a Chevy Silveraldo pick-up. No pics. Our camera done got ruined when our son Jethro blew it up using it as target practice.

• radioheid
    October 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I also own a Pontiac Sunfire GT, but my husband drives it. He's a registered Republican who prefers to vote for Libertarians, Indies and *gasp* Greens. lol Then again, he only registered Republican so he could vote for Ron Paul in the primary this spring. 

Quoting romalove:

I'm a registered Republican and so is my husband.

I drive a Ford Freestar Minivan.

My husband drives a Pontiac Vibe (bright red with leather interior)

Make of that what you will.  LOL

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts