Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
grandmab125
Obama: "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."
October 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Quote  Like Reply to Post

President Obama, speaking in Virginia, said, "We don't believe anybody is entitled to success in this country."

"This country doesn't just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top. It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy doesn't grow from the top down -- it grows from the middle out. We don't believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country," said Obama. "But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibility is rewarded, and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody is doing their fair share and everybody is playing by the same rules."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-we-dont-believe-anybody-entitled-success-country_653749.html

Replies

• Stephanie329
    October 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM
    And?

OP, you don't think anyone is entitled to healthcare. You think Americans are TOO entitled. What do you find wrong with his statement?
  • Iconoclast
    October 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM
    Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Suck the bar you already have :0). Had my fun, kick rocks ladies, goodnight.
  • Stephanie329
    October 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    So which is it? Are Americans entitled or not? If a republican had said this you'd be humping his (or her) leg.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Sheraymonet:

I agree with his statement.

I'm sure you're one of the millions who think they are "entitled" to the success of others, though.

• grandmab125
    October 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting :

I think she was offended over the cheese and crackers part, lol. That's some muthaf*ckin foul a*s talk for a granny to hear. Ritz and Kraft American is more like it.

This post just became a lot more fun

Oh, you're just a riot.  And obviously devoid of a brain.  Find some more trash to put in that mouth of yours.  I can swear with the best of them, but I chose...most of the time, not to... and to use my brains in a disagreement.  You seem only capable of throwing out trash talk.  Why don't you crawl up out of the gutter and join the human race?

• Lizard_Lina
    October 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    Omg you are trashy

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Suck the bar you already have :0). Had my fun, kick rocks ladies, goodnight.

• Stephanie329
    October 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM
    No he doesn't. No amount of exclamation marks will make your statements true.

Quoting Zena3:

He's always putting his foot in his mouth!! He's an habitual liar!!! I can't listen to him anymore!!!

Quoting grandmab125:

Success (n):  accomplishment of an aim; favorable outcome...attainment of wealth, fame or position.

Succeed (v):  have success, be successful

So, Obama is telling everyone that they are not entitled to success, ergo, not to succeed in their goals.  Everyone is entitled (the right) to the success that they earn for themselves.

He really put his foot in his mouth on this one.  Why should people aim for success, when the president tells you you aren't entitled to it....

It's one of the more ludicrous demeaning statements he's made yet.

• Iconoclast
    October 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM
    Quoting grandmab125:

You have brains? Not just one but multiple ones you don't use, cool. Oh and please, do not forget you have shown your gutter side more than once, let's not act like the lizard and pretend your innocent (she learned quick on that one).
  • Stephanie329
    October 7, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    What the fuck? The only ones believing that trickle down economics work - are conservatives.

This is really odd. Romney says something that a liberal would say -you agree. Obama says something a conservative would say - you disagree. It's just so obviously ironic that you have to be disingenuous.
    Quoting grandmab125:

He is changing his wording to "fair shot" from "fair share", because he finally figured out that tactic was costing him support.  And as Gov. Romney so eloquently said in the debate, "Gov't trickle down economics doesn't work."  And for those of you who weren't paying attention, when the mod asked Obama what he thought of gov't trickle down economics, Obama mumbled something, asked the mod to change the topic, and went off on the Obamacare rant.

If you don't have the successful employers creating jobs, the middle class have no jobs.  The success of one can affect the success of the one under him.

Life isn't fair, suck it up.  It's about time someone told Obama that.   

• AdellesMom
    October 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM
    Pot meet kettle. LOL

You didn't swear. But, you said something very shitty.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting :

I think she was offended over the cheese and crackers part, lol. That's some muthaf*ckin foul a*s talk for a granny to hear. Ritz and Kraft American is more like it.

This post just became a lot more fun

Oh, you're just a riot.  And obviously devoid of a brain.  Find some more trash to put in that mouth of yours.  I can swear with the best of them, but I chose...most of the time, not to... and to use my brains in a disagreement.  You seem only capable of throwing out trash talk.  Why don't you crawl up out of the gutter and join the human race?

• Iconoclast
    October 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM
    Quoting Lizard_Lina:

I am most important, to you, right now, quote me again and show everyone I'm right. You can't quit me.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts