Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
ashellbell
Meanwhile, in Oklahoma, blasphemy is still a misdemeanor...
October 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM
But a republican wishes to overturn it!!!! I'm shocked!!
http://m.krmg.com/news/news/local/state-lawmaker-wants-get-rid-blasphemy-law/nSMdM/

Replies

• ReadWriteLuv
    October 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    High tailed it out of OK nearly 4 years ago. I told my husband if he didn't pick orders elsewhere I would move alone.

My favorite old Oklahoma law was that it was still legal to beat your wife on the courthouse steps on a Sunday, but only if you used something. Can't remember what "something" was.

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

There are so many old laws on the books all over that are just not used anymore. I think all cities, counties and states should go through and do away with all the outdated stuff.

• ReadWriteLuv
    October 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    On a side note because I didn't see a post about it, didn't Oklahoma just cut all state funding to Planned Parenthood as well?
  • ashellbell
    October 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    That's actually a good law. Elephants love to get drunk (I'm not kidding). In areas where they run free, they'll find villages with booze, rampage the villages and get all white girl wasted. They're natures raging alcoholics....makes me wonder why Missouri would need that law though...

Quoting cupomeow:

In Natchez, Missouri it is unlawful to provide beer or other intoxicants to an elephant.

• thecoffeefairy
    October 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    Good for him

Quoting ashellbell:

He didn't suggest them, he wants to overturn them. Apparently the law stands that bladphemy is a misdemeanor here!

Quoting jessilin0113:

Anybody that suggests blasphemy laws hates America.

• ashellbell
    October 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    I haven't heard anything on that...of course they like to try and hide that stuff. They quietly passed a personhood bill, which the Oklahoma Supreme Court quickly shot down (thank bob)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

On a side note because I didn't see a post about it, didn't Oklahoma just cut all state funding to Planned Parenthood as well?

• ReadWriteLuv
    October 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    I saw a snippet on the yahoo news about it buried under some other stuff.

Quoting ashellbell:

I haven't heard anything on that...of course they like to try and hide that stuff. They quietly passed a personhood bill, which the Oklahoma Supreme Court quickly shot down (thank bob)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

• muslimahpj
    October 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM

We have that same law here, I believe as long as it is no bigger than the husbands thumb in diameter. Hence 'rule of thumb'

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

High tailed it out of OK nearly 4 years ago. I told my husband if he didn't pick orders elsewhere I would move alone.

My favorite old Oklahoma law was that it was still legal to beat your wife on the courthouse steps on a Sunday, but only if you used something. Can't remember what "something" was.

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

There are so many old laws on the books all over that are just not used anymore. I think all cities, counties and states should go through and do away with all the outdated stuff.

• cupomeow
    October 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Well, it is the same state that says that in Kansas City, bathtubs can not have feet that look like animal paws. In Purdy, dancing is illegal (how very Footloose) and let us not forget the statewide ban on oral sex!

Quoting ashellbell:

That's actually a good law. Elephants love to get drunk (I'm not kidding). In areas where they run free, they'll find villages with booze, rampage the villages and get all white girl wasted. They're natures raging alcoholics....makes me wonder why Missouri would need that law though...

Quoting cupomeow:

In Natchez, Missouri it is unlawful to provide beer or other intoxicants to an elephant.

• TCgirlatheart
    TC
    October 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    Makes you wonder what kind of elephant problem they had. ;)

Quoting cupomeow:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN