Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
paganbaby
If I don't spank my kids, they'll grow up and hit me. *Oh and I should have my kids taken away for the way I currently punish them*
October 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

My 7 year old son can be handful I know. He has Adhd and sensory issues. He's not perfect, neither am I but we try our best.

The other day, my oldest daughter was outside when our neighbor started talking to her.

Neighbor "Does your mom spank your brother?"

DD "No, she doesn't believe in spanking."

Neighbor. "That's not good." "If she doesn't start spanking and disciplining him now, he won't respect her and when he gets older he'll start hitting her too."

DD "Well she does make him to push ups and pull ups when he gets in trouble."

Neighbor "That's not good!" "That's physical abuse and she could get the kids taken away!"

Seriously lady??

Do you feel that push ups and pull ups are physical abuse? (I make the kids do an average of 5 to 15 push ups or pull ups depending on the "crime")
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 4% - Yes. That's absolutely abuse!
  2. 52% - No...while I wouldn't do it, I don't think it's abuse.
  3. 44% - Lol, not abuse and sounds like something I would do.

Replies

• JessicaN27
    October 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM

That;s not good. If neighbours talk like that, they won't be respected, and then they'll end up getting hit

• paganbaby
    October 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

laughing

Quoting JessicaN27:

That;s not good. If neighbours talk like that, they won't be respected, and then they'll end up getting hit

• AdellesMom
    October 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    I wouldn't do it. But, I don't think that it's abuse. I'm a spanking parent.
  • SEEKEROFSHELLS
    October 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

You have the weirdest neighbor! Who the hell talks to a kid about discipline techniques used in the home? That is weird.

• paganbaby
    October 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM

That's okay.

And for the record, as a non-spanking parent, I don't think your kids will grow up to be serial killers or anything X-D

Quoting AdellesMom:

• mustloveanimals
    October 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM

WTF is up with your nosy neighbors? Where do these people come from? It is wholy inappropriate for her to have that conversation with your daughter!

• paganbaby
    October 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I know right?

This lady is weird... She's suuuuper healthy. Not only are her kids not allowed to have sugar, they can't eat fruit either because of the sugar in it.

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

You have the weirdest neighbor! Who the hell talks to a kid about discipline techniques used in the home? That is weird.

• Aislinn
    by Aislinn
    October 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I was never hit as a kid and neither was my brother. I have yet to punch, either one of them. And if I was going to do it, it would have happened in the last year. I cannot say I have not thought about it. Hell, even daydreamed about it, but I have never done it...lol

• FromAtoZ
    October 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

You live among some rather colorful individuals.

My kids have run laps in the back yard when needed.

• AdellesMom
    October 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    LOL!!

Quoting paganbaby:

That's okay.

And for the record, as a non-spanking parent, I don't think your kids will grow up to be serial killers or anything X-D

Quoting AdellesMom:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts