Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
radioheid
Why Are People Saying Romney Won The Debate?
October 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
He couldn't answer a single question, couldn't give any details...he just blew hot air over and over about Obama's policies without explaining how his would work better, even when given the opportunity. All I heard was "cut PBS", "repeal Obamacare", constant interruptions and politely telling Jim Lehrer to shut up. This wins the debate???

Replies

• nebraskamamaof2
    October 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    Oooo heyy, how u doin'?

Quoting PortiaRose:

Hey, sexy...

Quoting nebraskamamaof2:

Not impressed by Romney.
  • Tanya93-
    October 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Bless your little heart.  It must be so hard for you trying to remember to breathe while typing at the same time.  Good for you for learning to multitask a little bit.   Now, if you could ever be a responsible adult while remembering to breathe, someday, a long, long time from now, you may actually contribute to society instead of just mooching off it.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Shut the fuck up, Tanya.

Quoting Tanya93-:

Because he did.

• radioheid
    October 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM
    Can a Republican explain Mitt's *new* ideas? Apparently I missed them. Like what happens to people who cant afford insurance when Obamacare is repealed, what happens when Dodd-Frank is repealed, how he reduces the deficit by trillions without increasing taxes *and* increasing defense spending? I really looked forward to hearing his solutions, and he offered none.
  • Angie_O
    by Angie_O
    October 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I agree with you! I still cannot comprehend how Romney supposedly won this debate...

• Sisteract
    October 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Yep.

His pseudo plan is mathematically impossible.

I really hope people are not that ignorant.

Quoting radioheid:

Can a Republican explain Mitt's *new* ideas? Apparently I missed them. Like what happens to people who cant afford insurance when Obamacare is repealed, what happens when Dodd-Frank is repealed, how he reduces the deficit by trillions without increasing taxes *and* increasing defense spending? I really looked forward to hearing his solutions, and he offered none.

• AlekD
    by AlekD
    October 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

All I know is that, even after all those words he said, I still have no idea what Romney is actually going to DO if he's elected. 

Also, I just have to add that as a former high school debate team captain, I am so disappointed by these "debates." It absolutely blows my mind that high schoolers regularly engage in better, more composed, more detailed debates than our nation's leaders can seem to manage. Romney TALKED OVER the moderator. Multiple times! and inturrupted Obama. If the presidential debate had as much integrity as a high school competition, he'd have lost for that alone.  Apparently the time limits are really more what you call "guidelines" tha actual rules for them, too /eyeroll Neither one of them presented any actual evidences to back up their claims. This "debate" was just a wreck.

• Sisteract
    October 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Let's not forget he wants to reform education too.

Pie in the sky thinking.

• norwegianwood
    October 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

That's such a ridiculous freaking thing to say..."Bush era got us into this...." It's so absent ANYTHING remotely accurate. LOL Presidents don't control our economy; they don't control our spending, AND...hello...even congress--which was under Dem control for those two last years when ALL the trouble started--can only do 'so much' to encourage opportunity for business. At the end of the day, the downturn was GLOBAL and most certainly no one person and no one industry...the fact is there is ALWAYS an ebb and flow.

What gov't can do that doesn't HELP is 'spend/borrow' ALL available funds that banks are willing to risk. This has happened under the 'current' administration. What it can do is PRINT MORE MONEY...something this president just gave Bernanke the green light to do..THAT will cause inflation. What it 'can' do is what it did four years ago, which is 'undermine all confidence in the consumer and small business owner.' They did it to win--by invoking fear and doom and gloom--and they were so successful, that four years later they have not been able to get consumers and business owners' confidence back.

This administration has been the WORST EVER in our HISTORY. PERIOD.

This administration has NO LEG to stand on with all their ads about Romney's taxes and how 'he' doesn't pay enough. LMAO...THIS president's OWN Treasury Secty didn't pay ANY taxes! His own party chair of the Weighs and Means committee didn't PAY....and the president ENDORSED these people rather than lambast them for not 'paying their fair share'....He's got NO CREDIBILITY on the issue of taxes...none.

He has NO credibility when he continues to suggest the spending from the Bush years is what 'got us here'...Really??? Where was Obama during those years? Oh, yeah...he was IN THAT CONGRESS...remember, Congress, not the president has the 'power of the purse'...What spending bills did Obama FIGHT as a Senator...any? Really?....He didn't fight ANY of it..in fact, he insured MUCH of it with his votes....he has NO credibility to anyone who actually KNOWS how the gov't works, who is responsible for what, and what power the office actually holds...it's STUPID to give ANY president all the credit or all the criticism for ANYTHING regarding the economy...STUPID....our gov't has LITTLE to do with our economy and the part that DOES is the CONGRESS...jeez...they know they can get by with that type of ridiculously stupid commentary because the public is really that ignorant to their OWN gov't and how it works...or doesn't as the case may be.

P

Quoting radioheid:

Right, but how do they figure? Romney offered nothing but a return to the Bush era that got us into the mess we're in now.

Quoting smalltowngal:

CNN's poll that just came out said 67% said Romney won and 25% said Obama won. 

• radioheid
    October 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    Yeah, I went to take a shit when he started twirling about the dance floor on education. By then I realized he wasn't actually going to offer anything, just more promises to lumberjack the system. Thing is, he could have won this debate and made me and a lot of other third party/fence-sitters give him a little weight, but he was rude, arrogant, and offered no viable solutions or details.

Quoting Sisteract:

Let's not forget he wants to reform education too.

Pie in the sky thinking.

• Tanya93-
    October 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM

If President Obama thinks doctors should be paid for performance, why doesn't he support the same thing for teachers?

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts