Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
paganbaby
If you believe a woman should have her husbands consent before getting an abortion... sfag
October 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Do you think a woman needs her husbands consent for any other reproductive or pregnancy decision?

How about to get her tubes tied?

What if she wants a natural, no-intervention birth? Do she need his permission?

What if she wants a c-section? Or, flip that. What if he wants her to get a c-section? There are compelling studies showing that c-section is safer for the baby.

Can he forbid an epidural? Or require one?

It's his baby too, right? Doesn't he get the right to say how it is delivered?

Replies

• kailu1835
    October 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

If a man gets this right over his wife, than a woman should have that right over her husband.  I'm just saying....

• romalove
    October 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

It's all up to the woman.  In a good marriage, decisions will be automatically done together.  In a bad marriage, in an abusive marriage, in some other circumstance it's even more important that she not need permission.

• kailu1835
    October 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    By the way, there are absolutely ZERO credible studies proving cesereans safer for any baby or mother that is not already in danger. Natural childbirth always has been and always will be the safest way to give birth for both mother and baby, provided there are no immediate health concerns for either.
  • kailu1835
    October 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

My husband had a vasectomy in early March.  I forgot that he was getting it done.  I never signed a thing.  I barely even remembered AFTER the fact, partly because I was sleep deprived with a brand new baby, and partly because I'd just had a baby and we weren't having sex anyway.  I didn't have to sign a thing, in fact he went to the consulting appointment to decide if he really wanted to or not without even saying anything to me.  He told me afterwards.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My ex husband had a vasectomy years ago.  Our daughter was around 4 months old.  I had nothing to do with it.  The doctor did not speak to me and I did not have to sign any thing.  

Then again, it could have been that way due to it being the military who performed the procedure.

• FromAtoZ
    October 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Quoting kailu1835:

My husband had a vasectomy in early March.  I forgot that he was getting it done.  I never signed a thing.  I barely even remembered AFTER the fact, partly because I was sleep deprived with a brand new baby, and partly because I'd just had a baby and we weren't having sex anyway.  I didn't have to sign a thing, in fact he went to the consulting appointment to decide if he really wanted to or not without even saying anything to me.  He told me afterwards.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My ex husband had a vasectomy years ago.  Our daughter was around 4 months old.  I had nothing to do with it.  The doctor did not speak to me and I did not have to sign any thing.  

Then again, it could have been that way due to it being the military who performed the procedure.

Yes, that is pretty much how it played out with my ex husband.  I knew about it but I had nothing to do with it. *shrug*  That came afterwards, after they sent him out in the field two days after the procedure.  He ended up home and in some severe pain for about a week.  

• paganbaby
    October 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM

What did he want you to do??

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Are you kidding me? Uh NO! IF my ex had been able I would be DEAD

• paganbaby
    October 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Really? I've never heard of that.

Quoting DSamuels:

I had to sign paperwork saying I agreed before they would do my husband's vasectomy.

• Sat.Wed
    by Sat.Wed
    October 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    Once we found out dd had SB he wanted to stop all prenatal care and then tried to say the doctor was lying about my Protien S issue

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Sat.Wed:

• Sat.Wed
    by Sat.Wed
    October 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    Agreed only reason I had c-section with dd is because of her SB had ds natural lol

Quoting kailu1835:

By the way, there are absolutely ZERO credible studies proving cesereans safer for any baby or mother that is not already in danger. Natural childbirth always has been and always will be the safest way to give birth for both mother and baby, provided there are no immediate health concerns for either.

• paganbaby
    October 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Yeah...he sounds like a winner. Good thing you didn't listen to him!

Btw, what is SB?

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Once we found out dd had SB he wanted to stop all prenatal care and then tried to say the doctor was lying about my Protien S issue

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts