viv212
5 year old still showers with her dad... Ok or taboo?
by viv212
September 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM
My bf's dd just told us tonight that her cousin who is 5 still showers with her dad sometimes.

When do you think you cut off ur dd from showering with her dad? Or when is there a cutoff time for your ds showering with you?

Replies

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    September 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM

No, too old IMO

• bearsbabies
    September 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    When they or u feel its awkward
  • grannywilson
    September 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM

FIve should be a good  cut off time.  She is becoming a big girl.  This is not to say anything was wrong.  These kids grow up like weeds and BAM they are five years old.  TIme for daughter to take care of her own bath or shower.

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    September 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Meh as long as it's just showering i see nothing wrong with it. My boys still shower with me quite often, it makes the process much quicker and easier than me trying to lean over the tub around the curtain in my clothes while i clean them since they do showers instead of baths and 5 is still too young to shower by themselves.

• LindaClement
    September 23, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I have never believed in 'the number of times the earth revolves around the sun means _____' so I have no magic age when it's 'inappropriate'

A man who's screwing his 4mo should not be showering with him. A man who is not screwing his children... something else.

I think it's totally disgusting, how many people automatically think 'nudity = pedophile' and I think it say a LOT about the inside of their own heads that they probably don't want anyone else knowing about.

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    September 23, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Quoting LindaClement:

I have never believed in 'the number of times the earth revolves around the sun means _____' so I have no magic age when it's 'inappropriate'

A man who's screwing his 4mo should not be showering with him. A man who is not screwing his children... something else.

I think it's totally disgusting, how many people automatically think 'nudity = pedophile' and I think it say a LOT about the inside of their own heads that they probably don't want anyone else knowing about.

Agreed.

• LexRi0709
    September 23, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    Imo parents shouldn't shower with children of the opposite sex, ever. My girls are 3 and 5, and I have probably showered 2x with each girl. I'm just not comfortable with it.
  • x2kidsn1bendux
    September 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I think 5 is to old personally- when they're old enough to ask questions and know what body parts its time for separate showers imo

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    September 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Quoting LexRi0709:

Imo parents shouldn't shower with children of the opposite sex, ever. My girls are 3 and 5, and I have probably showered 2x with each girl. I'm just not comfortable with it.

Throughout history the closest, kindest and most family centered societies have been societies that practice communal bathing rather than those who go off and privately bathe. There's nothing wrong with a father bathing his daughters or a mother bathing her sons.

• ABeautifulLie
    September 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM

My son has been showering/bathing alone since he was 3....with supervision.  When he was 4, he decided that bath/shower time was private and he no longer wanted me in the room.