Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
blessingsofmany
CALLING ALL PRO-CHOICERS - I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK - WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?
May 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Abortions are being done now, not for medical reasons, rape or unwanted pregnancies.  Abortions have added a new category.  Gender abortions.  Do you agree or disagree on this type of abortion.  I just saw the movie What to expect when you are expecting.  One of the couples were told they were going to have a girl and they actually had a boy.  So, if they wanted a boy and was told that they had a girl then got an abortion.... see my point. ( well don't answer that, that was something to think about).  I want to know what you think about gender abortions.  btw - I am  pro-life.

*ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POST

I was telling my dh about the post. He said to ask do you agree with Dread Scott decision? When slavery was legal, they said blacks were not people and did not have any rights. My point, they weren't in anyone's uterus. This is our problem. When we say not my uterus, not my problem. It is our problem as a whole society. It sends out a message how we little we view life.

Replies

• EireLass
    June 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I think people should stay out of other peoples marriages, uteris', health decisions, etc.

• parentalrights1
    June 1, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I think that a woman has the right to evict anyone occupying her body. There are many shitty reasons to do it, but I'm not going to force her to give up her body to someone else.

Obviously women who abort for gender are complete cunts, but w/e

• blessingsofmany
    June 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Quoting purplerobin:

Sorry-right to life trumps bodily autonomy. It's not like you can't help getting pregnant.

It is truly scary that some people feel this way.

Ok why is that? If human beings do not have a basic right to life how can they possibly have other rights?

I was telling my dh about the post.  He said to ask do you agree with Dread  Scott decision?  When slavery was legal, they said blacks were not people and did not have any rights.  My point, they weren't in anyone's uterus.  This is our problem.  When we say not my uterus, not my problem.  It is our problem as a whole society.  It sends out a message how we little we view life.

I am not going to dig through all the post to find and quote. But, one  said it should not be in our constitution.  Our fore-fathers based the consitution on their religious beliefs.

• violetlady
    June 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM
    If a fetus is not a human being or don't have Rigths because depends on their mother. What about those persons in a wheelchair, without movement on their hands or legs, or those impaired that depend on someone to help them or a machine to breath or feed them? They have rigths too .. so dependency doesn't define humanity .

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

People can try to take away those rights when acting on those rights can cause harm to someone else.

Which does not apply in this case.  

I don't understand why you think that, though-b/c while I understand fetuses/embryo's are dependent on their mother's bodies, I don't see why that makes them less of a human being, and therefore deserving of a right to live.

• lalasha
    by lalasha
    June 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM
    Well first of all not my body not my business and secondly this is being blown WAY out of proportion I didn't hear any one crying foul or having their heart bleed all over the floor when this was supposedly rampant in china which it never was and it isn't here either.
  • LindaClement
    June 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Your words. I was just highlighting them. If you think your words are find, you can't mind what colour or size they are... 

I don't mind mine in huge red letters.

See... you just reiterated what I commented on the first time and you refuted: IN YOUR OPINION. 

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting LindaClement:

And you don't think that putting my words in huge red letters isn't disrespectful? At the very least its taking them out of context. And I didn't say in my opinion because some choices ARE Wong-period.

• purplerobin
    June 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Quoting LindaClement:

Your words. I was just highlighting them. If you think your words are find, you can't mind what colour or size they are... 

I don't mind mine in huge red letters.

See... you just reiterated what I commented on the first time and you refuted: IN YOUR OPINION. 

Quoting purplerobin:

Quoting LindaClement:

And you don't think that putting my words in huge red letters isn't disrespectful? At the very least its taking them out of context. And I didn't say in my opinion because some choices ARE Wong-period.

You didn't just highlight them-you increased the font size of them tremendously and put them in the loudest color possible. That is the typing equivalent of taking someone's words completely out of context because it's the closest thing you can do (that I'm aware of anyway) online to changing someone's tone of voice. And I daresay that in many if not most situations, tone of voice is just as important, if not more so, than the actual words used.

So NO you didn't just highlight them.

I apologize for my snark in my original reply to what you said. 

• justinnaimee
    June 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    You said it perfectly.

Quoting parentalrights1:

I think that a woman has the right to evict anyone occupying her body. There are many shitty reasons to do it, but I'm not going to force her to give up her body to someone else.

Obviously women who abort for gender are complete cunts, but w/e

• annabl1970
    June 2, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Yes, and now in China has 'shortage" of girls LOL Men can't get married.

Quoting SFerber:

it is something that has hit the news hard recently...and from the reports this morning...it is very popular in certain cultures...even here in the US.  It has been done in CHINA for years but it has come to roost here now as well.  

Quoting punky3175:

How do you know people are getting abortions due to gender?

• annabl1970
    June 2, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Quoting SFerber:

I wish it were not even something we as human beings would consider. 

Yes!

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN