Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
mels712
food stamps wic and other forms of pa
by mels712
February 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

with all the concern on here about trying to govern the activities of those on pa i think i came up with an idea. if you cant afford everything on your own heres what you should be allowed and not allowed to do.

no pets.

dont ever go out to eat to the movies or any other form of entertainment.

only the essential and most basic of foods. no internet of computers.

no cable or tv even.

if you have any of these and are on pa get rid of them.

you dont need new clothes there are places you can go that they will give you free second hand clothes you can even get underwear.

housing should consist of only enoug roomm for a bedroom for parents and one each for each gender of children you have and only one bathroom.

only buy the cheapest toiletries you can find and the cheapest houshold supplies available.

and although you now have absolutly nothing to do but go to work keep house and raise your kids dont have sex either that might inadvetantly lead to another child.

dont spend money on anything other than food essential bills and medical care.

you might lower your water bill by only flushing after a #2 and sharing bathwater.

you could keep your light bill down by only being awake during daylight hours.

only own one car per family unless you live in an area where there is access to public transportation then you dont need one.

or we could always make those who are on pa live in shelter situations so that every penny they make can be used to get off pa and we can monitor their every breath

does this sound llike a stupid invasion of privacy?

does anybody have the right to tell others to live like this?

what would happen to these people on pa if they were forces to live like this?

I bring this up because some people feel that they have the right to regulate the lives of those on pa. I understand that there are those that abuse the system and there always will be. but those who are responsible and use their pa the way it is intended greatly outnumber those who dont. you dont see those people because they vall attention to themselves.

SO STOP TREATING ALL OF US WHO NEED A LITTLE EXTRA HELP TO GET BY LIKE WELFARE BUMS! WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE ECONOMY YOU COULD EASILY BE ONE OF US ANYTIME!

Replies

• amgillis88
    February 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

lol. So I have to sacrifice because you do? Okay.

I sacrifice plenty by going to school and spending precious time away from my daughter. At this point, the measly dollars I would make every month working a crappy part time job is not worth the time spent away from school and my daughter. Sorry if that bothers you.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

If I am having to sacrifice to provide for your children, I expect you to do the same. Im sorry if you can't wrap your entitlement complex around that.

Quoting amgillis88:

Because what people buy with their OWN money is no one's business but theirs.

I am appalled that people believe that what others buy WITH government funds is their business and what they buy with their OWN MONEY is *also* their business. I guess if you recieve PA then what you pay for with your own funds is also up for debate. Some of you should be ashamed. Thank God none of the warped opinions on here affect me in the least.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Are there people who take it to the extteme in wanting to control the lives of those on PA? Sure. But OP, you are the opposite extreme. if someone on PA has cable and internet, why shouldn't we question that? If the go out to eat and a movie for an occasional treat, fine, but if do so all the time, why shouldnt we question it? Most of us make sacrifices - why shouldnt we question someone on PA who refuses to do so?

• december911
    February 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    I am not on pa and hope we are never in a situation to need it. I know some abuse it, but I don't agree with regulating what they can and cannot use it for. I don't agree with schools governing what parents pack for lunch either. ESP since the school lunches aren't really all that healthy! I think rather than wasting time and money reinventing the pa system, they should spend it to hire investigatirs to visit this on pa to catch the abusers..it creates jobs and gets some to stop screwing the system!
  • amgillis88
    February 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Like I've already said, the measly dollars I would make at a part time job is not worth the time spent away from my studies and from my daughter. *Especially* since I would still qualify for PA. Most people understand the value of getting an education now for a better payout in the end. It just doesn't make sense. I mean, the additional childcare alone would eat my entire check. So it's really not worth it. I'm sorry this bothers you so much.

Quoting Tanya93:

Of course not.   You expect other people to support you and pay for you.   We know this.   You don't worry about actually supporting yourself because others will do it.

Quoting amgillis88:

Well good for them. I don't have to, so I don't.

Quoting Tanya93:

and yet many, many women do it.....

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25

Quoting moneysaver6:

Um...Someone only eating noodles and rice...especially store-bought processed noodles...will still have issues with obesity.

Noodles and rice only will not make one thin.  I wasn't aware that anyone actually thought that.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

don't forget someone comes in and see what thy have to eat ..thy only allow noodles an rice ..that will help the obese issue to.

it was a joke..haha..

• Tanya93
    by Tanya93

You aren't sorry.

You think you shouldn't have to work because you are poor and have a kid.   No one did any of that to you. Many, many women actually work, care for a kid, and go to school.  You are are above though.   Selfish people.

But yeah, selfish people think they should get stuff they want because they are poor and can't afford to get it.   And it is wrong to think those having kids they can't pay for shouldn't have the stuff those working and not using the tax payers buy.

Quoting amgillis88:

I sacrifice plenty by going to school and spending precious time away from my daughter. At this point, the measly dollars I would make every month working a crappy part time job is not worth the time spent away from school and my daughter. Sorry if that bothers you.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

If I am having to sacrifice to provide for your children, I expect you to do the same. Im sorry if you can't wrap your entitlement complex around that.

Quoting amgillis88:

I am appalled that people believe that what others buy WITH government funds is their business and what they buy with their OWN MONEY is *also* their business. I guess if you recieve PA then what you pay for with your own funds is also up for debate. Some of you should be ashamed. Thank God none of the warped opinions on here affect me in the least.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Are there people who take it to the extteme in wanting to control the lives of those on PA? Sure. But OP, you are the opposite extreme. if someone on PA has cable and internet, why shouldn't we question that? If the go out to eat and a movie for an occasional treat, fine, but if do so all the time, why shouldnt we question it? Most of us make sacrifices - why shouldnt we question someone on PA who refuses to do so?

• glitterteaz
    February 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Sadly I think there is more fucktards that would suggest all that and more... 

• amgillis88
    February 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Everyone is saying that more people abuse than we think, when the truth is, the abuse is far less than most people assume.

• LoveMyBoyK
    February 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    Yes, if I have to sacrifice TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN, then you have to sacrifice, as well. I was crystal clear that I am not advocating people on PA NEVER go out to eat, go to the movies, have anything fun or not entirely essential, but you keep jerkinhg that knee and presenting yourself as a self centered, entitled child who insists she deserves to be provided a Porche even if it means the providers have to drive around in a Pinto.

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

• amgillis88
    February 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Come on Tanya, can you read?

I've already said that I do not work because the little money I'd make at a part time job is NOT WORTH IT. The time away from studying and my daughter. The cost of childcare which would take my whole check. So its just not worth it. I don't get why you can't understand this? You are so bent out of shape about me not working that you can't grasp simple logic. It does not make LOGICAL SENSE for me to go out and get a part time job.

I am actually very sorry that you seem so bothered by this. The government doesn't seem to care that I don't have a job. I didn't lie to get assistance, I was trutful on my application. They don't have a problem with it, so what do you have your panties in a wad about it?

Get over it. Theres nothing you can do except be mad.

Quoting Tanya93:

You aren't sorry.

You think you shouldn't have to work because you are poor and have a kid.   No one did any of that to you. Many, many women actually work, care for a kid, and go to school.  You are are above though.   Selfish people.

But yeah, selfish people think they should get stuff they want because they are poor and can't afford to get it.   And it is wrong to think those having kids they can't pay for shouldn't have the stuff those working and not using the tax payers buy.

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

• Tanya93
    by Tanya93
    February 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

There is nothing to get over.

Thinking you shouldn't be able to support a child isn't wrong.   It is actually what a responsible would parent would do.

Thinking you shouldn't wotk because it would cost day care is selfish

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN