toomanypoodles
ABORTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)
December 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM

http://liveaction.org/blog/pro-life-nurse-asked-to-assist-abortion-told-you-just-have-to-catch-the-baby%E2%80%99s-head-don%E2%80%99t-worry-it%E2%80%99s-already-dead/

As we’ve reported, a dozen pro-life nurses in New Jersey are fighting for their right to follow their conscience and not be forced to assist at abortions.

This quote in The Washington Post by one of the nurses stopped me in my tracks when I read it:

One of the nurses, Fe Esperanza R. Vinoya, said a manager told her: “‘You just have to catch the baby’s head. Don’t worry, it’s already dead.’ ”

Can you imagine anything more horrific than being forced to “catch” a dead baby’s head? A baby who only minutes before was alive in its mother’s womb?

Pro-abort writers and bloggers are hysterically (I don’t use the word lightly) attempting to attack these women’s motives.

Here’s just a sample of mockery by Erin Ryan of the feminist blog Jezebel:

“From the way the complaint describes it, you’d think they were being ordered to line babies up and shoot them with a crossbow in front of their children.”

I won’t even repeat some of the other things I’ve seen written about these pro-life nurses.

I think the need by pro-abort writers to hysterically blow this story out of proportion is telling: they have to exaggerate because the actual reality of what these nurses have been asked to do is truly horrifying. No one is talking about shooting babies with crossbows, we are talking about crushing a baby’s skull while the baby is still inside his or her mother and severing it from its tiny body. Pro-lifers demand that all sides simply face the gruesome facts.

For a movement that claims to be for “choice”, pro-aborts absolutely cannot admit that pro-life nurses have a choice not to assist at abortions. But the more important choice facing advocates of abortion is whether or not they will agree to discuss and confront the reality of abortion.

So, stow the crossbows and contemplate the heads of the poor victims of abortion instead.

Replies

• FromAtoZ
    December 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM

'Pro-Abort'?

What a crock.

I do not, for one second, believe any one said what was quoted.   

Those in the medical profession are bound to come up against a procedure they may not necessarily agree with.  You do your job, the one you choose.

• ChancesMommy07
    December 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I'm not buying this story. Was this nurse so new to this facility that she wasn't aware that they did abortions? Perhaps that was something she should have looked into prior to taking a position there. This story is missing a lot of details. I went into nursing fully aware that there were going to be things that I don't agree with from time to time but that is not going to stop me from doing my job.

• haydsmom2007
    December 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM

If they don't want to do that then why do they work somewhere that performs them?

and what would people be turning a blind eye to?

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    December 2, 2011 at 6:55 PM

It is really unfair to use the term "Pro-abortion". I would never have an abortion myself, but I am Pro-choice  because I can't in good conscience tell anyone else what to do about their pregnancies. Please do not try to be manipulative . If you really care about freedom,  allow people their rights to make their own personal decisions.

• miss_lisa
    December 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM

It's all about reading and verifying your sources. The whole paragraph from the Jezebel blog:

A group of nurses have sued for their right to refuse to participate in abortions, citing their anti-choice stance as reason enough to decline to care for women who have elected to terminate a pregnancy. From the way the complaint describes it, you'd think they were being ordered to line babies up and shoot them with a crossbow in front of their children. But they're not being forced to help out with the procedure at all — nope, these nurses are citing their moral beliefs as justification for refusing to care for women before or after having abortions.

The nurses weren't refusing to participate in abortions, but in fact refusing to care for mothers before or after an abortion. There's a BIG difference between what they're claiming and what seems to actually be going on.

• muslimahpj
    December 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Quoting miss_lisa:

It's all about reading and verifying your sources. The whole paragraph from the Jezebel blog:

A group of nurses have sued for their right to refuse to participate in abortions, citing their anti-choice stance as reason enough to decline to care for women who have elected to terminate a pregnancy. From the way the complaint describes it, you'd think they were being ordered to line babies up and shoot them with a crossbow in front of their children. But they're not being forced to help out with the procedure at all — nope, these nurses are citing their moral beliefs as justification for refusing to care for women before or after having abortions.

The nurses weren't refusing to participate in abortions, but in fact refusing to care for mothers before or after an abortion. There's a BIG difference between what they're claiming and what seems to actually be going on.

If that is the case, they need their licenses revoked. 

• FromAtoZ
    December 2, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Quoting miss_lisa:

Oh....well then, that is so much better!  Of course I am kidding.

Anyone refusing to to actual be a nurse and do their job should no longer be a damn nurse.

• Stephanie329
    December 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    There is no "catching the head". People are so damned gullible and want to believe this stuff. It's obviously propaganda. Ya know, lies that crazy anti choice people make up to further their "cause".
  • ejsmom4604
    December 2, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Mommy she was be sarcastic. I think the sarcasm font isn't working O.O

Quoting tweety101149:

Remind me not to purchase a cake from you.  Pro choice is exactly that.., choice.  the right to choose one way or the other. 

As for these nurses.., they are not forced to do anything they have a moral objection to.  No one forces a nurse to work L/D.  If they just want to deliver babies...work in a birthing center.  

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I prefer pro-abortion or pro-death

That's what we put on the cakes at the liberal abortion parties

Quoting muslimahpj:

First off, there is no such thing as "pro abort", to me that is offensive. Second off, if the nurse doesnt want to do that part of the job, why would she chose to work in L&D, maternal? Hospitals dont typically do abortions unless there is something wrong in the pregnancy and it is necesarry to end it. 

This piece is nothing but propaganda for the "anti choice". 

• Sisteract
    December 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Choice-

Get another job, period-

Why do people take jobs  and then complain about the parameters involved?