Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
toomanypoodles
ABORTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)
December 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM

http://liveaction.org/blog/pro-life-nurse-asked-to-assist-abortion-told-you-just-have-to-catch-the-baby%E2%80%99s-head-don%E2%80%99t-worry-it%E2%80%99s-already-dead/

As we’ve reported, a dozen pro-life nurses in New Jersey are fighting for their right to follow their conscience and not be forced to assist at abortions.

This quote in The Washington Post by one of the nurses stopped me in my tracks when I read it:

One of the nurses, Fe Esperanza R. Vinoya, said a manager told her: “‘You just have to catch the baby’s head. Don’t worry, it’s already dead.’ ”

Can you imagine anything more horrific than being forced to “catch” a dead baby’s head? A baby who only minutes before was alive in its mother’s womb?

Pro-abort writers and bloggers are hysterically (I don’t use the word lightly) attempting to attack these women’s motives.

Here’s just a sample of mockery by Erin Ryan of the feminist blog Jezebel:

“From the way the complaint describes it, you’d think they were being ordered to line babies up and shoot them with a crossbow in front of their children.”

I won’t even repeat some of the other things I’ve seen written about these pro-life nurses.

I think the need by pro-abort writers to hysterically blow this story out of proportion is telling: they have to exaggerate because the actual reality of what these nurses have been asked to do is truly horrifying. No one is talking about shooting babies with crossbows, we are talking about crushing a baby’s skull while the baby is still inside his or her mother and severing it from its tiny body. Pro-lifers demand that all sides simply face the gruesome facts.

For a movement that claims to be for “choice”, pro-aborts absolutely cannot admit that pro-life nurses have a choice not to assist at abortions. But the more important choice facing advocates of abortion is whether or not they will agree to discuss and confront the reality of abortion.

So, stow the crossbows and contemplate the heads of the poor victims of abortion instead.

Replies

• RowdyRoxyRainbw
    December 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM

These women have the right to not perform something they hold very strong convictions about.  If they don't want to do it, Im sure there are just as many prochoicers that would.

• desertlvn
    December 1, 2011 at 7:37 PM

There are many difficult things that nurses are required to do... It is part of the job.

• mommasbabies77
    December 1, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    Bump
  • Della529
    December 1, 2011 at 7:42 PM

ABOTION? 

ABOTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)

• romalove
    December 1, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I'm gonna be honest.  I don't believe the nurse.  From what I know about abortions, there is no "catching" of a head involved.  Furthermore, the vast majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester, very early on.  I had a sonogram at 9 weeks when I was pregnant with Victoria.  Do you know what you see in a sonogram at that point?  A sac.  An attached sac that looks sort of bean shaped.  You can see nothing. 

I have read your article and I even saw the last post with picture.  The sad reality remains, women are sometimes in need of abortion, and if it's not legal and safe they will resort to illegal and unsafe.  The politicization of abortion has prevented many good candidates from coming forward to run for office because they don't have the bona fides for the conservative Christians in the Republican party.

This is sad for everyone.

• afwifeandmommy3
    December 1, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    That's a late term abortion and some people consider dandc abortions. If they are against it get a dif job somewhere else. I disagree with late term abortions but if a mothers life is at stake that is her decision just like haveing an abortion is her decision
  • sweet-a-kins
    December 1, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    Blind eye to what?

She has a choice, get another job

Problem solved
  • afwifeandmommy3
    December 1, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    As a nurse it is not my job to judge or decide for others . Nor is it ANYONE else's
  • PiscesMommy021
    December 1, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    I was going to post about this exact same thing....OP you may want to use spell check next time....You left the R out of abortion in your title.

Quoting Della529:

ABOTION? 

ABOTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)

• Della529
    December 1, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Totally OT, but...you have a dd named Victoria, too?  Is she the one who loves music?

Quoting romalove:

I'm gonna be honest.  I don't believe the nurse.  From what I know about abortions, there is no "catching" of a head involved.  Furthermore, the vast majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester, very early on.  I had a sonogram at 9 weeks when I was pregnant with Victoria.  Do you know what you see in a sonogram at that point?  A sac.  An attached sac that looks sort of bean shaped.  You can see nothing. 

I have read your article and I even saw the last post with picture.  The sad reality remains, women are sometimes in need of abortion, and if it's not legal and safe they will resort to illegal and unsafe.  The politicization of abortion has presented many good candidates from coming forward to run for office because they don't have the bona fides for the conservative Christians in the Republican party.

This is sad for everyone.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts