toomanypoodles
ABORTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)
December 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM

http://liveaction.org/blog/pro-life-nurse-asked-to-assist-abortion-told-you-just-have-to-catch-the-baby%E2%80%99s-head-don%E2%80%99t-worry-it%E2%80%99s-already-dead/

As we’ve reported, a dozen pro-life nurses in New Jersey are fighting for their right to follow their conscience and not be forced to assist at abortions.

This quote in The Washington Post by one of the nurses stopped me in my tracks when I read it:

One of the nurses, Fe Esperanza R. Vinoya, said a manager told her: “‘You just have to catch the baby’s head. Don’t worry, it’s already dead.’ ”

Can you imagine anything more horrific than being forced to “catch” a dead baby’s head? A baby who only minutes before was alive in its mother’s womb?

Pro-abort writers and bloggers are hysterically (I don’t use the word lightly) attempting to attack these women’s motives.

Here’s just a sample of mockery by Erin Ryan of the feminist blog Jezebel:

“From the way the complaint describes it, you’d think they were being ordered to line babies up and shoot them with a crossbow in front of their children.”

I won’t even repeat some of the other things I’ve seen written about these pro-life nurses.

I think the need by pro-abort writers to hysterically blow this story out of proportion is telling: they have to exaggerate because the actual reality of what these nurses have been asked to do is truly horrifying. No one is talking about shooting babies with crossbows, we are talking about crushing a baby’s skull while the baby is still inside his or her mother and severing it from its tiny body. Pro-lifers demand that all sides simply face the gruesome facts.

For a movement that claims to be for “choice”, pro-aborts absolutely cannot admit that pro-life nurses have a choice not to assist at abortions. But the more important choice facing advocates of abortion is whether or not they will agree to discuss and confront the reality of abortion.

So, stow the crossbows and contemplate the heads of the poor victims of abortion instead.

Replies

• mamaclairbear
    December 1, 2011 at 8:29 PM

In my first term nursing concepts class as an exercise my professor gave us a list of patients, one was a drug addict and another was a transvestite. I don't remember the other ones. She then asked if any one would have a problem taking care of such people. A few people raised their hands. She then told us too bad it is our job to take care of our patients no matter what.

So the fact that these nurses even are talking about that makes me feel bad about my future profession.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I have a hard time believing the nurse a) based of what I know about abortion (I have a lot of buds in the medical field) and b) what I know about fetal development. I also know there's things in nursing that you are not always going to agree with. You cannot apply your moral meter to the job. Sometimes you just have to do your job and pray about it after I suppose.

Also on a side note...I don't understand what was wrong with the picture you had posted with the article. Developmentally it was too old and it was definitely not aborted.

• OneToughMami
    December 1, 2011 at 8:31 PM

It's okay...I had Math for Healthcare Professionals...some of the questions about dosing that the girls were asking made me deeply consider illegal hippie medicine...I'd rather take my chances and mix my insulin at home than let them...

Quoting mamaclairbear:

In my first term nursing concepts class as an exercise my professor gave us a list of patients, one was a drug addict and another was a transvestite. I don't remember the other ones. She then asked if any one would have a problem taking care of such people. A few people raised their hands. She then told us too bad it is our job to take care of our patients no matter what.

So the fact that these nurses even are talking about that makes me feel bad about my future profession.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I have a hard time believing the nurse a) based of what I know about abortion (I have a lot of buds in the medical field) and b) what I know about fetal development. I also know there's things in nursing that you are not always going to agree with. You cannot apply your moral meter to the job. Sometimes you just have to do your job and pray about it after I suppose.

Also on a side note...I don't understand what was wrong with the picture you had posted with the article. Developmentally it was too old and it was definitely not aborted.

• mamaclairbear
    December 1, 2011 at 8:32 PM

REALLY! That is a pretty dumb reason. Although at one point when I was about 13 I wanted to be a maternity nurse for the same reason. Then my mom gave me a healthy dose of reality and said "what about the babies that die?" Yeah I think I may want to stick with old farts with heart problems.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mamaclairbear:

If they don't want to be apart of abortions why are they working in a place that does them? As nurses they have many other career paths. Why not work a cardic floor? or home care? No possiblity of abortions in either of those areas.

Oh you know...they want to deliver babies o.O my gyno told me that is the dumbest reason to ever want to be an OB/GYN or and OB/GYN nurse

• mamaclairbear
    December 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I hated my drug  calculations class. You would think they were trying to teach us physics they way some people struggled.

Quoting OneToughMami:

It's okay...I had Math for Healthcare Professionals...some of the questions about dosing that the girls were asking made me deeply consider illegal hippie medicine...I'd rather take my chances and mix my insulin at home than let them...

Quoting mamaclairbear:

Quoting OneToughMami:

• OneToughMami
    December 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM

This one isn't too bad...unless I am secretly good at Chem and Physics and don't know it lol

Quoting mamaclairbear:

I hated my drug  calculations class. You would think they were trying to teach us physics they way some people struggled.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mamaclairbear:

Quoting OneToughMami:

• Adam_JakesMomma
    December 1, 2011 at 8:39 PM

I started nursing school about 1.5 years ago, completed one semester and got pregnant--now I'm in a Master's program to get a Middle School Licensure.  Even though I had the second highest grade in my cohort of 40+ students (while working full-time, no less, with a two year old), I decided nursing wasn't for me (too dirty).  Anyways, I was planning on doing neonatal, because everyone here knows I LOVE BABIES.  I am 110% pro-life, and this is why I would NOT consider pursuing a Master's in Women's Health--I never wanted to be in this nurse's position (contributing to the murder of the unborn--no baby's blood will ever be on my hands).    I always said, if I was ever asked to assist in an abortion that would be the day I walked out on the job.  I'm glad she stood up for what she believes in, but she should definitely consider neonatal, peds, heck nephrology--something where she doesn't have to participate in these heinous crimes against humanity. 

No need to slame me on my pro-life position, if you have read my previous posts on here you know I am all about the little babies in the world! Love 'em, wish I could have 5 instead of 2!

• toomanypoodles
    December 2, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Quoting Della529:

ABOTION? 

ABOTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)

Thank you for noting my stupidity.  ;)

• LilyofPhilly
    December 2, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Yeah, like I'm really going to give much consideration to a pro-life BLOG, and quotes from pro-life nurses who are in the middle of a law-suit!

Nice try!

• sineado39
    December 2, 2011 at 2:04 AM

I can't believe you want people to take this article seriously. Pro-aborts? Really poodles?

• kailu1835
    December 2, 2011 at 2:16 AM

If you don't want to perform abortions, don't work for a doctor or clinic that performs abortions.  It's very simple.  Otherwise it is a part of your job description, and if you refuse to do your job, you can, and most likely will, be fired.  And I am pro-life.  I plan on going into nursing.  I won't work where I have to assist in abortions.