survivorinohio
How many empty houses are on your street?
April 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM

We have 6.

One of them is a very cute bungalow that the city bought and rehabbed.  New driveway and siding and the works!  It has a nice floor plan and a very big kitchen.  It also has central air and a big beautiful 2.5 car garage.

It has been sitting for 8 mos since the renovations were complete.

Have you seen a house in your area sell?

Replies

• Veni.Vidi.Vici
    April 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM

We don't have any empty houses on our developement.

• OhiogirlinCali
    April 15, 2011 at 11:44 AM

When we bought our house in the summer of '09 (a foreclosure) there were 8 empty houses on our street.  The last of the empty ones sold last month.

• survivorinohio
    April 15, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

When we bought our house in the summer of '09 (a foreclosure) there were 8 empty houses on our street.  The last of the empty ones sold last month.

This gives me hope!  What happens in Cali comes east right? :)

• HeatUSA-Tunisia
    April 15, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I live in Michigan... we have empty houses everywhere.

When I lived in Flint it was even worse than it is in the city I am in now.

• Peanutx3
    April 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Luckily we don't have any empty houses on our street.  There was an empty house about a mile from us, it was empty for a year.  We had a home just down the road from us on the market for a year, it finally sold for a very low amount.  The previous owners had to take the offer even though it didn't cover what they owed on it. 

Our neighbors are trying to sell their home but it won't sell for what they are asking.  Luckily for them and us in the neighborhood they don't have to sell so they won't accept any low ball offer.

• OhiogirlinCali
    April 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting OhiogirlinCali:

This gives me hope!  What happens in Cali comes east right? :)

It seems to be that way sometimes :)  I don't know about there, but it took us 3 months of bidding on houses before we got an offer accepted.  There was a minimum of a dozen offers on every single house! 

• Peanutx3
    April 15, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I forgot we did have the 25 acres next to us go into foreclosure.  The bank wanted to sell 5 acre lots for $250,000 but ultimately decided to sell the entire chunk.  There were 7 bidders, the final price a shocking $170,000 for 25 acres. 

• survivorinohio
    April 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Quoting Peanutx3:

I forgot we did have the 25 acres next to us go into foreclosure.  The bank wanted to sell 5 acre lots for $250,000 but ultimately decided to sell the entire chunk.  There were 7 bidders, the final price a shocking $170,000 for 25 acres. 

:(

I assume you are rural then?  What part of the country if you dont mind me asking?  You can be vague;-).

• mommybug77
    April 15, 2011 at 11:54 AM

just the one next door. He passed away.

• Peanutx3
    April 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I am in the north western part of Washington state, about an hour south of the border.  We are considered rural but I live 5 minutes from a small town so not too rural.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Peanutx3:

:(

I assume you are rural then?  What part of the country if you dont mind me asking?  You can be vague;-).