Kids & Fun!

luvmymunchkins3
i need some really fun ideas
February 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM

so hopefully spring will be coming soon and it will be warm enought for us to be able to play outside.well since we have been stuck in this house all winter and almost all of last summer (i was pregnant) so i want to do something really fun with the kiddos.i was thinking of buying a kid size wooden pinic table and letting the kids go crazy and paint it and decorate it anyway they want.but i need so other fun and cerative ideas.what do you mamas have

Replies

• MamaMoopsie
    February 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM

We made stepping stones last summer and I put them in the yard, they aren't actually good to step on as they're made of plaster, but the kids had so much fun. (I brought them in before the weather got bad).

If you have a nice grassy area you can buy a little wading pool or a mini slip-and-slide. I found one for like $15 at Big Lots last summer.

I really like your idea for the picnic table. I did something similar with a dresser that we use to store craft supplies. My parents had a little dresser they didn't want anymore, so I took it off their hands, sanded it and painted it a light blue (I think the paint cost $6) and then I got some acrylic paint and let them paint it. I'll put a picture up. They had so much fun with that and loved doing it.

• MamaMoopsie
    February 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM

• jbyrd898
    February 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

How old are your children? Are you looking for activities to paint the table, or other activities?

• luvmymunchkins3
    February 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM

sorry they have 5 and 3 im looking for some other activities

Quoting jbyrd898:

How old are your children? Are you looking for activities to paint the table, or other activities?

• luvmymunchkins3
    February 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

thats super cute i was looking at tables last night they are like 150$ so i think im going to have hubby just make it that will be something him and the kids can do together and plus it a lost cheaper

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

• hcdeubof3
    February 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

good place to find cheap furniture: craigslist and goodwill. Also resale shops (not the antiquie kind) sometimes havea  good price and don't forget to haggle a bit. 

• hcdeubof3
    February 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

We made stepping stones and painted them. We are also working our way through a science experiment kit. blow up a pool and put balls in it for an indoor ball pit. 

• hcdeubof3
    February 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM

the other thing I wast hinking about was planting spring bulbs or cold weather veggies like carrots, lettuce, spinach. 

Kids & Fun!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts