Kids & Fun!

P.N._Guin
Children's cookbooks (piog)
January 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I'm looking for a cookbook for pre readers, with step by step words AND pictures.

Ds is (almost!) an emerging reader, but gets a bit overwhelmed in the kitchen, and it is quashing his love for baking. He likes to do most things without help from me, and is feeling badly that he needs SO much assistance with new recipes.

Recommendations?

I plan to make my own, filled with his favorite recipes, but he is asking to bake rigt away, and I would live to be able to hand him his own book!

Replies

• eds6619
    by eds6619
    January 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM

No idea.  We don't really use them  b/c if they bake its with me.  Never heard of anything like this.  Maybe check amazon.

• jbyrd898
    January 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I have never used anything like that. Here is a bump!

• MaryanneMac
    January 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I learnd to cook from my Grandma, I've never seen a childrens cook book (but I never really looked)

• Babybear89
    January 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

hmm i have never seen one

• eds6619
    by eds6619
    January 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I've seen children's cookboks, but nothing for a non-reader.

• hcdeubof3
    January 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

ditto on the never seeing anyting like this. I know there are tons of kids cookbooks out there, but they seem to be more geared towards 6+yrs. Hmm....maybe you could make a shutterfly book with pictures. Make your own with your own pictures. Even more, since this is a great idea, you might be able to pitch this idea to a publisher? I like the idea....I know for us....I just tell my child what is needed and they get it with the correct scoop and we count together. For things like eggs I have them break it in a seperate bowl and then they can pour it in. So much easier than trying to dig egg shells out of the main batter. :) 

Sorry I'm not more help. 

• Red_Kitten
    January 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I have a ton of cookbooks for kids (and a ton of kids who use them).  But I don't have them in front of me, I'll check back when I can give you some titles. :-)

• P.N._Guin
    January 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    Thank you!

Quoting Red_Kitten:

I have a ton of cookbooks for kids (and a ton of kids who use them).  But I don't have them in front of me, I'll check back when I can give you some titles. :-)

• hcdeubof3
    January 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM

bump for red_kitten

• sheena696
    January 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I don't know of any, but would love to find some too.

Kids & Fun!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN