Kids & Fun!

jbyrd898
What are your chances of a White Christmas?
December 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

This is on NOAA's/National Climatic Data Center website, and I thought I would share. Where do you end up in this?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/what-are-chances-you-will-have-white-christmas

What Are the Chances You Will Have a White Christmas?

Historical Probability of a White Christmas map

NCDC can help answer that age-old question. This year the Center updated a map that shows the climatological probabilities of a white Christmas across the Nation. The Probability of a White Christmas map, now based on the most recent 1981–2010 Climate Normals, shows the climatological probability (in percent) that a snow depth of at least 1 inch will be observed on December 25. The highest probabilities are in northern and mountainous areas of the country.

The actual conditions this year may vary widely from these probabilities because the weather patterns present will determine the snow on the ground or snowfall on Christmas day. These probabilities are useful as a guide only to show where snow on the ground is more likely.

If you would like to keep track of the snowfall across North America on a daily basis, see the NOAA Operational Daily Snow Analysis Charts.

Replies

• jbyrd898
    December 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

We are below the 10 percent mark in Asheville NC

• CometGirl
    December 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

We've got about a 25% chance of snow--but it isn't going to happen this year.

• sheena696
    December 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Right at where they need to be... less that 10%

• TwinsFanMama
    December 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM
    >90% lol but I'm gonna go with a full 100% as we just got 5 inches last weekend and have had below zero temps all week. This snow is here to stay! :) I'm in northern MN.
  • Ginnygurl97
    December 13, 2012 at 3:45 AM
    None here. I'm in Florida :-( but where I grew up in the mountains in north central Pennsylvania, it was pretty much 100% guarantee. God I miss it!!!
  • lenoxclan
    December 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM

10%, I am in Texas

Although we did get a bit of snow(light dusting)on Monday......I HATE snow.

• Babybear89
    December 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    Between ten and forty percent
  • momtotwo08
    December 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    Very slim. We didn't get a drop last year but had 7 in yr before. I'm in sc but would LOVE to have a white Christmas.
  • Firenygirl180
    December 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM

we already have about 5 inches so as long as it doesn't melt we will have a white Christmas.

• hcdeubof3
    December 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM

25-40....doubt it. I bet it will just be a dusting and look like frost on the ground vs anything decent. I'm greatful and bummed all at the same time. 

Kids & Fun!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts