Kids & Fun!

hcdeubof3
7-year old killed at gun store article
December 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Police: Boy, 7, shot to death at Pa. gun store

A 7-year-old boy was shot and killed at a Pennsylvania gun store when his father's weapon accidentally went off.

MERCER, Pa. — Authorities say a 7-year-old boy was shot to death when a gun accidentally went off as his father was getting into his truck outside a western Pennsylvania gun store.

The boy was shot Saturday morning at Twigs Reloading Den in East Lackawannock Township, 60 miles north of Pittsburgh. Store owner Leonard Mohney says it happened in the parking lot.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the boy was shot when his father's handgun went off as the man got into the truck while holding the gun.

Police say 44-year-old Joseph V. Loughrey told them he had emptied the magazine but didn't realize a bullet was still in the chamber. Seven-year-old Craig Allen Loughrey was shot in the chest and died at the scene.

State police are investigating the shooting as an accident.

_

Replies

• hcdeubof3
    December 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM

accidents happen...but this seemed really fishy to me when I first read it. 

• melschlegs
    December 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Say it with me... RESPONSIBLE gun ownership!

• jbyrd898
    December 10, 2012 at 5:55 AM

I dont understand how a father can be walking around with a gun and let it accidently go off

• Babybear89
    December 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    People are so careless
  • hcdeubof3
    December 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

yep

Quoting jbyrd898:

I dont understand how a father can be walking around with a gun and let it accidently go off

• MaryanneMac
    December 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Some people should not own guns, and some people should not have children. In this case, the father should never own guns or have children.

We have guns in our home but they are locked up away from the kids. Who takes a kid to the gun shop anyway??

• eds6619
    by eds6619
    December 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I agree with Maryanne! 

• Babybear89
    December 11, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    Exactly Maryanne. Patents should know better
  • Iluvmy2kiddies
    December 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Wow, I agree with you Maryanne. With so many accidents going on, you would think people would be more careful.

Kids & Fun!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts