Kids & Fun!

lenoxclan
I told her it was sad....
November 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM

The other day, on the phone with my sister, we decided to test our kids.

I'm not entirely sure HOW we got to the subject, but she told me to tell my youngest, that if he would come live with her, she'd buy him ANYTHING he wanted.

The catch was, he wouldn't see ME anymore..he said no.

We asked my middle child and he said no thank you.. When asked why, he simply said, "Because I love you mom".

We asked my oldest and got another no Thank you.

So, I told her to go ask HER youngest. Her Youngest(same age as my youngest 5)said okay!

O.O

So, she told her, Kay...You won't ever see mommy again..to which she said, but Aunt M will buy me what I want? Yes..Okay, I'll go live with her!

O.O

I told my sister that it was really sad that I was able to buy her child..lol

She agreed and said she guessed it proved how spoiled they have been raised as far as how important material things are to them....

Replies

• Babybear89
    November 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    Oh dear
  • jbyrd898
    November 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

was she upset?

• lenoxclan
    November 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM

My sister? No

when I told her that was sad she agreed with me..lol

Quoting jbyrd898:

was she upset?

• signingmama2915
    November 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    Wow. Surprising. I bet if she really did come to.live with you she would start to.miss her mom after a little bit.
  • hcdeubof3
    November 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM

yea. I think kids don't fully make the connections beyond instant gratification for a while. I know there was a marshmellow study done once on Oprah. I think it is a maturity thing. Some kids get it ealier than others. haha. 

Quoting signingmama2915:

Wow. Surprising. I bet if she really did come to.live with you she would start to.miss her mom after a little bit.

• lenoxclan
    November 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Oh, I know she would..She is a momma's girl.:)

They also live WAY different than us. This kid gets a toy EVERY time they go to walmart..Literally every time..

She is a bit spoiled..They had a guinea pig and got rid of it because the oldest was allergic.

Couple mths later, they were at the pet store and she wanted another guinea pig.. soooo.. They got her one and told the oldest not to go in her room where it was...

Quoting signingmama2915:

• eds6619
    by eds6619
    November 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Oh how sad, but that is the society we live in these days.  We, as adults, are just as bad.  Look at our technology...we can't wait to get home to check our email, etc  we get fancy phones.  We crash our cars and kill people b/c we can't wait to text.  Its the world we live in.

Ok off my soapbox.  Sorry for the rant.

• MaryanneMac
    November 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I agree.  I will admit that only time I keep the phone on in the car is if I need directions. (I never learned how to read a map.)

Quoting eds6619:

Oh how sad, but that is the society we live in these days.  We, as adults, are just as bad.  Look at our technology...we can't wait to get home to check our email, etc  we get fancy phones.  We crash our cars and kill people b/c we can't wait to text.  Its the world we live in.

• hcdeubof3
    November 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

We recently got a cell phone and I can barely use it. I agree though as a society we are bad. We no longer have conversations or write letters. We text or email. The art of writing is becoming a thing if the past. 

Quoting MaryanneMac:

I agree.  I will admit that only time I keep the phone on in the car is if I need directions. (I never learned how to read a map.)

Quoting eds6619:

Kids & Fun!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN