Baking 101

Rebecca7708
2 things I am in desperate need of...
January 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
A good baking book with some basic from scratch recipes, and a stand mixer.

Those two items will make my life complete! I would love to hear suggestions from you ladies about both. What do you recommend? Which brand/model has worked best for you? Have you found a book that you think is absolutely amazing?

Replies

• Rebecca7708
    January 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    Nothing?
  • my4boys2002
    January 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    I love my kitchen aid, I find good recipes at food.com and all recipes
  • Rebecca7708
    January 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    I do use those sites sometimes but, I really prefer books. I do like how you can read reviews on allrecipes. I've used some of suggestions in the comments and things turn out great!

Quoting my4boys2002:

I love my kitchen aid, I find good recipes at food.com and all recipes
  • my4boys2002
    January 21, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    What I did is I made my own book out of recipes I find that way I know I'll use all the recipes at some point, I only put it in my book after I have made it and I know we like it.
  • beadingmom17
    January 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    I did this, too. When I find a recipe we like, it goes in my recipe binder in a protective plastic sleeve so I can cook and not ruin the printed page :)

Also, I have a Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it!

Quoting my4boys2002:

What I did is I made my own book out of recipes I find that way I know I'll use all the recipes at some point, I only put it in my book after I have made it and I know we like it.
  • my4boys2002
    January 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    I do the same I need more dividers now

Quoting beadingmom17:

I did this, too. When I find a recipe we like, it goes in my recipe binder in a protective plastic sleeve so I can cook and not ruin the printed page :)

Also, I have a Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it!

Quoting my4boys2002:

• Rebecca7708
    January 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM

That is my ultimate plan. I usually follow a recipe to the letter the first time I make it, just to see how it is supposed to be, and then I tweak it to my family's taste.

Quoting my4boys2002:

• sweetheart4171
    January 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM

The Joy Of Cooking is a great book

• psych_mom
    January 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I love my Kitchen Aid as well. I've had it for almost 8 years now. As for cooking, I have no clue which books to try. I just read recipes I find online and go from there. I find a lot of stuff on Pinterest and just start baking. I have been baking since I was a tween- the first thing I ever baked was homemade biscuits off the recipe on the side of the flour bag and went from there.

• barrelracer1699
    January 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Kitchen Aid mixer! Those things are worth their weight in gold!

Baking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN