Baking 101

Rebecca7708
2 things I am in desperate need of...
January 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM
A good baking book with some basic from scratch recipes, and a stand mixer.

Those two items will make my life complete! I would love to hear suggestions from you ladies about both. What do you recommend? Which brand/model has worked best for you? Have you found a book that you think is absolutely amazing?

Replies

• Rebecca7708
    January 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    Nothing?
  • my4boys2002
    January 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    I love my kitchen aid, I find good recipes at food.com and all recipes
  • Rebecca7708
    January 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    I do use those sites sometimes but, I really prefer books. I do like how you can read reviews on allrecipes. I've used some of suggestions in the comments and things turn out great!

Quoting my4boys2002:

I love my kitchen aid, I find good recipes at food.com and all recipes
  • my4boys2002
    January 21, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    What I did is I made my own book out of recipes I find that way I know I'll use all the recipes at some point, I only put it in my book after I have made it and I know we like it.
  • beadingmom17
    January 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    I did this, too. When I find a recipe we like, it goes in my recipe binder in a protective plastic sleeve so I can cook and not ruin the printed page :)

Also, I have a Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it!

Quoting my4boys2002:

What I did is I made my own book out of recipes I find that way I know I'll use all the recipes at some point, I only put it in my book after I have made it and I know we like it.
  • my4boys2002
    January 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    I do the same I need more dividers now

Quoting beadingmom17:

I did this, too. When I find a recipe we like, it goes in my recipe binder in a protective plastic sleeve so I can cook and not ruin the printed page :)

Also, I have a Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it!

Quoting my4boys2002:

• Rebecca7708
    January 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM

That is my ultimate plan. I usually follow a recipe to the letter the first time I make it, just to see how it is supposed to be, and then I tweak it to my family's taste.

Quoting my4boys2002:

• sweetheart4171
    January 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM

The Joy Of Cooking is a great book

• psych_mom
    January 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I love my Kitchen Aid as well. I've had it for almost 8 years now. As for cooking, I have no clue which books to try. I just read recipes I find online and go from there. I find a lot of stuff on Pinterest and just start baking. I have been baking since I was a tween- the first thing I ever baked was homemade biscuits off the recipe on the side of the flour bag and went from there.

• barrelracer1699
    January 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Kitchen Aid mixer! Those things are worth their weight in gold!

Baking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts