Baking 101

Lorena
need baking ideas!!! please help!*update*
by Lorena
January 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
My ss has a BS event tomorrow and I am suppose to make baked goods to sell. I need help! I don't know what to make. I have never done this before and im a beginner baker as in I don't do it much.
*Thanks everyone! I made peanut butter cookies, beanut butter Brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies with cherry chips. They where a big hit.*

Replies

• VaniK
    by VaniK
    January 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Try recipes  on www.bettycrocker.com, I have tried buttery chocolate chip cookies, banana blueberry bread, pound cake, www.tasteofhome for chocolate chip muffins, buttery chocolate chip cookies. All the best.

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    January 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    Thanks so far I have peanut butter Brownies. Next I'm making carmal Brownies. Then I'm thinking chocolate chip.cookies, peanut butter cookies and berry muffins. I might get brave and try macadamian nut cookies.

Quoting VaniK:

Try recipes  on www.bettycrocker.com, I have tried buttery chocolate chip cookies, banana blueberry bread, pound cake, www.tasteofhome for chocolate chip muffins, buttery chocolate chip cookies. All the best.

• taniamorse85
    January 20, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Sugar cookies are very basic, but they are something that should sell well.  Here's the recipe I use.  One thing I particularly like about it is that the batter does not need to sit in the fridge before rolling and baking the cookies.  Also, to change them up, you could do a different extract (coconut extract works really well) or add some sort of chocolate chips or nuts to the batter.

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    January 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    Thanks!

Quoting taniamorse85:

Sugar cookies are very basic, but they are something that should sell well.  Here's the recipe I use.  One thing I particularly like about it is that the batter does not need to sit in the fridge before rolling and baking the cookies.  Also, to change them up, you could do a different extract (coconut extract works really well) or add some sort of chocolate chips or nuts to the batter.

• 03amanda
    January 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

cinnamon rolls are a big hit at a bake sale, you can get a recipe online only thing with yeast if your in a high atittude you need to a cup of with two packs of yeast for example

• kimber2465
    January 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

puppy chow is always a big hit at all the ones we have done for special olympics!! it  is so easy to make!!!

• 25mamaof3
    January 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies from the Betty Crocker site!

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies

You Need:

pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
    tablespoon water
    tablespoons vegetable oil
    egg
    1/2
    cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces
    1/4
    cup miniature marshmallows
    1/3
    cup milk chocolate chips
    teaspoon vegetable oil

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, water, 3 tablespoons oil and the egg until soft dough forms. Stir in peanut butter pieces.
    • 2Drop dough with ice cream scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.
    • 3Bake 9 minutes. Press marshmallows onto cookies. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.
    • 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on Medium (50%) 30 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 10-second increments until melted. Add 1 teaspoon oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies.

Tips:

These cookies keep for 1 week stored in a tightly covered container.

Make a sweet and salty version by stirring some crushed pretzels into the dough. They add a nice crunch too!

Info:

• PREP TIME 15 Min
    • TOTAL TIME 45 Min
    • SERVINGS 16
  • Lorena
    by Lorena
    January 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    I will definitely save these for the gs bake sale my Dd would love to make them.

Quoting 25mamaof3:

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies from the Betty Crocker site!

Peanut Butter Sundae Cookies

You Need:

pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix

tablespoon water

tablespoons vegetable oil

egg

1/2

cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces

1/4

cup miniature marshmallows

1/3

cup milk chocolate chips

teaspoon vegetable oil

To Make:

• 1Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, water, 3 tablespoons oil and the egg until soft dough forms. Stir in peanut butter pieces.

• 2Drop dough with ice cream scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.

• 3Bake 9 minutes. Press marshmallows onto cookies. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.

• 4In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on Medium (50%) 30 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 10-second increments until melted. Add 1 teaspoon oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies.

Tips:

These cookies keep for 1 week stored in a tightly covered container.

Make a sweet and salty version by stirring some crushed pretzels into the dough. They add a nice crunch too!

Info:

• PREP TIME 15 Min

• TOTAL TIME 45 Min

• SERVINGS 16
  • AlyssaN
    by AlyssaN
    January 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    I made a 3 layer red velvet cake for the cub scouts bake sale last year and dh(who is the cub master) bought the cake for $50 cause its his fave lol.
  • Lorena
    by Lorena
    January 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    Sounds like something my dh would do lol.

Quoting AlyssaN:

I made a 3 layer red velvet cake for the cub scouts bake sale last year and dh(who is the cub master) bought the cake for $50 cause its his fave lol.

Baking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts