Baking 101

danichaos
Frosting
January 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I hate buttercream. Like, hate it. I don't like how it leaves a thick feeling coating on my tongue. I always scrape my frosting off my cake, unless its soft, whipped frosting. That being said.. Can anyone recommend a good frosting for a cupcake cake that's thick enough to pipe onto a cupcake cake, without falling through the holes between cupcakes, and won't be gross? I don't want to buy it, I'd really like to make it.

Replies

• CamaroMama214
    January 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    Not sure of any recipes, but I've gotten Riches Bettercreme from GFS. It's good, light and fluffy, not too sweet. It's refrigerated and you have to whip it up.
  • taniamorse85
    January 11, 2013 at 3:34 AM

I think I might have found something that fits what you're looking for.  Here's a link to it.  The lady who does this blog likes to do step-by-step instructions with photos, then list the recipe, so you'll have to scroll down a bit to get to the recipe.  I hope this helps!

• Paperfishies
    January 11, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    You could always add heavy whipping cream to real butter cream and it will give it a lighter, fluffier texture.

Also, are you using real butter in your buttercream? The only time Ive experienced a heavy, filmy mouth feel is when the frosting is made with shortening and not real butter.

Baking 101