Baking 101

danichaos
Frosting
January 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I hate buttercream. Like, hate it. I don't like how it leaves a thick feeling coating on my tongue. I always scrape my frosting off my cake, unless its soft, whipped frosting. That being said.. Can anyone recommend a good frosting for a cupcake cake that's thick enough to pipe onto a cupcake cake, without falling through the holes between cupcakes, and won't be gross? I don't want to buy it, I'd really like to make it.

Replies

• CamaroMama214
    January 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    Not sure of any recipes, but I've gotten Riches Bettercreme from GFS. It's good, light and fluffy, not too sweet. It's refrigerated and you have to whip it up.
  • taniamorse85
    January 11, 2013 at 3:34 AM

I think I might have found something that fits what you're looking for.  Here's a link to it.  The lady who does this blog likes to do step-by-step instructions with photos, then list the recipe, so you'll have to scroll down a bit to get to the recipe.  I hope this helps!

• Paperfishies
    January 11, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    You could always add heavy whipping cream to real butter cream and it will give it a lighter, fluffier texture.

Also, are you using real butter in your buttercream? The only time Ive experienced a heavy, filmy mouth feel is when the frosting is made with shortening and not real butter.

Baking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts