Baking 101

Artillwife01
New present!
December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

So I will be getting a KitchenAid mixer for Christmas! I am so very excited! I have wanted one for years. I was curious if any of you have and helpful tips or things you have learned about your mixers you might share. I'm super nervous because it was so expensive. I'm for sure going to get an attachment to make applesauce but feel free to share your favorite attachment and or recipe!

We are gluten and dairy free so since I have to make most everything from scratch I'm hoping this will really help out.

Replies

• babynurse244
    December 23, 2012 at 1:16 AM
    I do everything in my KitchenAid mixer. Love it!!!!
  • Dontchawishuknu
    December 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Yay!  Congrats!  I love mine....

• taniamorse85
    December 24, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I'm so jealous!  I've wanted one for so long, but we just can't afford it.

• chefmartha
    December 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Love my Kitchen Aid. I have 3. One 5 qt. stand mixer. The 6 qt. pro and a hand mixer.

• Artillwife01
    December 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    i know that. even at tax time i couldn't stand to spend that much. i got the 5 quart artisan at Macy's for $324 after tax. of course the next day i saw that sam's currently has the 6 quart pro for $259.

Quoting taniamorse85:

I'm so jealous!  I've wanted one for so long, but we just can't afford it.

• KaeysMamo
    December 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I know how you feel! I got one from my ex husband for Christmas as I am so excited!!!!!

• WesternNYmom
    December 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I just got a new KitchenAid mixer for Christmas. I am so happy. The motor burned out in my old one last year.  I used it for everything from cookies, cakes and bread to making whipped cream and whipping mashed potatos.  You can even used it to whip up tasty party dips, and filling for lasagna, and roviolli.  I can't wait until I can start using my mixer. I missed not having it around.  So far my fav attachment is my is the one that lets you puree fruits and veggies. I used to use it to make baby food for my kids when they were little, and I also used it to puree tomatos to make sauce, and fruit to make apple sauce and fruit butters.  I really want to get the attachment that rolles and cuts homemade pasta. My mother has it and I love it.  I am going to bug dh for it for Mother's Day.

• EDDES
    by EDDES
    December 27, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Always start with the slow setting whenever mixing in the very beginning in order to avoid kitchen messes allover your clothes and counter spaces. That truly is a great gift...you can make cakes, pies, tarts, pizzas, bread....herb bread is so good. Have fun and enjoy your new baking tool which will be like a new toy at first when you start making and baking with it and keep on making new and exciting things with it...it is a great thing to have in the kitchen!!!! Have alot of fun and please let me know if you bake bread...someone here baked beer bread once and the sounded so good and the picture that was posted with it was looking really appetizing.....Enjoy!!! 

• frndlyfn
    December 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I miss my g-grandmothers kitchen aid mixer.  She had one from the 70s or earlier.

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    January 4, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    Awesome! Congratulations! I wish I had one.

Baking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts