Baking 101

Karina_mommy_3
Baking a cake in stove!!
November 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Hii everyone dis is my first tyme posting a post i added dis group in da morning!!see i woke up at 6 bcuz my bby wke up early did da house cleanin  n by noon i was feelin so sik n tyrd but i kouldnt go 2 sleep i felt horrible but thanx god by 5 i fell asleep so i just woke up n with a mood of bakin a cake ...so im gna bake a cake in a stove with a skillet pan hmmm i wnder if it wrks???well ima try it out moms do u think it will wrk or would i js b makin a mess//?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    November 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

It could work yes.  What kind of pan are you using on the stove top?

• psych_mom
    November 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I have to be honest, I couldn't understand what you wrote. I am not being mean, but there is too much short hand and "text" type in your post.

• funhappymom
    November 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Did you try it? How did it turn out?

• amonkeymom
    November 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I *think* she's talking about making a cake in a skillet inside the oven. 

OP - If I'm right, how did it turn out?

Quoting psych_mom:

I have to be honest, I couldn't understand what you wrote. I am not being mean, but there is too much short hand and "text" type in your post.

• psych_mom
    November 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Thank you. I even had my husband read it and he had a hard time. We are in our early 30s but we just don't use text type at all. If I did I would be worried that I would accidentally use it in a research paper and in the field I am going into it is very important to always write professionally.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting psych_mom:

• amonkeymom
    November 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I don't use it either, it's too hard to read.  Even my 15 year old isn't comfortable using anything other than plain English when she texts.  

Quoting psych_mom:

Thank you. I even had my husband read it and he had a hard time. We are in our early 30s but we just don't use text type at all. If I did I would be worried that I would accidentally use it in a research paper and in the field I am going into it is very important to always write professionally.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting psych_mom:

• 1Redapple
    November 26, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I figured it out, but man was I feeling old when I was thinking what you've said. 

AND Karina how was the cake?

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting psych_mom:

• Karina_mommy_3
    November 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Sorry about my spelling and yes i would use short txts letters for a long time and ive noticed that my spelling has gone bad :( so i think i should stop before i completely forget how to spelll...well yes about da cake i did do it and it came out ok and  fully cooked but it definetly burned all from da bottom part,i think i had it on too hi .It also came out fluffier than what i thought it was gonna be so i guess that for next time i need to be checking it and putting it like on medium low! I still ate it and it was good i just cutted out the burned section.

• psych_mom
    November 28, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Much better, LOL. Definitely cook it on a lower temp next time and let us know how that one goes. Glad it turned out fairly decent though. We never learn unless we try and then try again if it doesn't go completely right the first time.

Quoting Karina_mommy_3:

Sorry about my spelling and yes i would use short txts letters for a long time and ive noticed that my spelling has gone bad :( so i think i should stop before i completely forget how to spelll...well yes about da cake i did do it and it came out ok and  fully cooked but it definetly burned all from da bottom part,i think i had it on too hi .It also came out fluffier than what i thought it was gonna be so i guess that for next time i need to be checking it and putting it like on medium low! I still ate it and it was good i just cutted out the burned section.

• g0dd3ss2012
    December 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.Just try it and see how it turns out and then next time you will know what to tweek to get it right.and I have to admit that I just stopped text writing when I wasn't texting because I realized whenever I have to use regular English I have to write slow to remember stuff.I thought that was pretty sad.So I stopped.

Quoting psych_mom:

Much better, LOL. Definitely cook it on a lower temp next time and let us know how that one goes. Glad it turned out fairly decent though. We never learn unless we try and then try again if it doesn't go completely right the first time.

Quoting Karina_mommy_3:

Baking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts