Baking 101

HopefulMommy89
Pics of the cupcakes I did today (yes, she finally hired me after all that drama over $$...)
November 5, 2011 at 9:12 PM

So I posted a couple weeks ago about how a friend from high school hired me sight unseen a few months ago to do the cupcakes for her wedding then freaked when I told her what I was charging her (a TOTAL of $150, INCLUDING buying everything AND driving the damn things to her reception an hour and a half away, and she was complaining that that was still too expensive) and was debating whether it was "worth it to just do it (her)self to save a couple hundred bucks". She FINALLY came to her senses and hired me. Of course, I got kinda screwed charging so little, but it turned out VERY pretty IMO and it's good practice! :)

Here are some photos of the cupcakes I did for the wedding today! It was my first major event doing this, but I've been baking for years.

I made 3 different kinds: Mocha-Kahlua (the ones with the glaze drizzled on top), Dual-Layer Black Forest and Golden Vanilla (white frosting), and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (chocolate frosting). I'm pretty proud of this and hope to turn it into a full-time gig and enable me to be a SAHM whenever we do finally have a baby :)

Replies

Baking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts