Baking 101

Cafe AmyB
Welcome to Baking 101! Introduce Yourself.....
March 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Welcome to Baking 101!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

To add a group signature to your posts, click here:
Baking 101 Signatures!

Check out our recipe page:
Recipes

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself :)

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Replies

• Christmaslver68
    October 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Hello everyone

I am currently a SAHM of 2 boys a 10 year old and a 5 year old.  I enjoy horseback riding, swimming, fishing, gardening, nature, cross-stitching and spending time with my boys, making new friends, watching sunsets and sunrises and reading.  My favorite color is yellow.  My favorite seasons are Srping and Fall.  My favorite holidays are Christmas; Thanksgiving; Easter; St Patrick's Day(yes I am Irish) and Halloween.  My mother passed in 2004 and I miss her tremendiously.  I think about her every day and wish I could just have one more hour with her.  I am the youngest of 6 children.  I have been married for 14 years. 

If there is anything more you'd like to know feel free to ask.  If you'd like to add me to your friends list feel free to send me a request just mention this group when sending the request.  Thank you and I look forward to meeting alot of new friends

• MistressMinerva
    October 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hi Julianna. Welcome.

Quoting JuliannaRenee:

Hey. I am Julianna. I am a pastry assistant in a busy restaurant and have worked in pastry a year now. Joining the group for ideas on cake flavors and just for a group on my interests.

• MistressMinerva
    October 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hi. Welcome to the group.

Quoting Christmaslver68:

Hello everyone

I am currently a SAHM of 2 boys a 10 year old and a 5 year old.  I enjoy horseback riding, swimming, fishing, gardening, nature, cross-stitching and spending time with my boys, making new friends, watching sunsets and sunrises and reading.  My favorite color is yellow.  My favorite seasons are Srping and Fall.  My favorite holidays are Christmas; Thanksgiving; Easter; St Patrick's Day(yes I am Irish) and Halloween.  My mother passed in 2004 and I miss her tremendiously.  I think about her every day and wish I could just have one more hour with her.  I am the youngest of 6 children.  I have been married for 14 years. 

If there is anything more you'd like to know feel free to ask.  If you'd like to add me to your friends list feel free to send me a request just mention this group when sending the request.  Thank you and I look forward to meeting alot of new friends

• Back2Him
    October 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Hello all! My name is Sara, I am 29 years old. I live in WI with my husband and two children. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake and cook! I just started getting into cake decorating this year.

I am a stay at home mom and student with 3 weeks of class ledt until graduation.

I like to read, walk, watch movies and relax with friends and family!

• MistressMinerva
    October 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Hi Sara. Welcome to the group.

Quoting Back2Him:

Hello all! My name is Sara, I am 29 years old. I live in WI with my husband and two children. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake and cook! I just started getting into cake decorating this year.

I am a stay at home mom and student with 3 weeks of class ledt until graduation.

I like to read, walk, watch movies and relax with friends and family!

• mftmommy
    October 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Hi! I live in Florida. Right now I am a SAHM. I have 3 wonderful kids (5 year old DD, almost 3 year old DS and 5 month old DD ) who are all full of life! My older two love to help out in the kitchen and my 5 month old lives to be in her bouncy seat in the kitchen with us, just to be a part of the fun we're having. It's tricky sometimes to balance different skill levels, but totally rewarding. My kids have diverse tastes in food and love to eat anything we make together. We enjoy cooking, but LOVE to bake. I make cakes and really enjoy decorating. I've been told that I should start a cake decorating business which is such a huge compliment; I'm happy just making cakes for family for now.
  • MistressMinerva
    October 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Welcome to the group.

Quoting mftmommy:

Hi! I live in Florida. Right now I am a SAHM. I have 3 wonderful kids (5 year old DD, almost 3 year old DS and 5 month old DD ) who are all full of life! My older two love to help out in the kitchen and my 5 month old lives to be in her bouncy seat in the kitchen with us, just to be a part of the fun we're having. It's tricky sometimes to balance different skill levels, but totally rewarding. My kids have diverse tastes in food and love to eat anything we make together. We enjoy cooking, but LOVE to bake. I make cakes and really enjoy decorating. I've been told that I should start a cake decorating business which is such a huge compliment; I'm happy just making cakes for family for now.

• MistressMinerva
    October 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Hi Stacie. Welcome to the group.

Quoting gourmetdipmixes:

Hi,

I  am Stacie! Glad to join the group! My small NJ based company makes dessert mixes and are always suggesting new baking ideas with them!

• Braydinmomma24
    October 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

My name is Angel. I lie in Mansfield, PA. I have a 2yr old son named Braydin. My favorite time of year is Christmas.

• MommyHomebaker
    October 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi, Everyone! I'm Jennifer from Canada and I'm a SAHM to my 18-month-old son, David. Now this is a group right up my alley! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and maybe exchanging some recipes. =)

Baking 101