Crafts and Scrapbooking 101

trae1982
new to scrapbooking.....
March 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I am going to start scrapbooking. Where is everyone's favorite place to get scrapbooking stuff? Is there a starter kit that comes with everything I will need to start?

Replies

• nebcutie
    March 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    Ebay was my best friend when i started. I also shopped the clearance section at hobby lobby for paper, i got the cricut so i didn't want to spend a bunch on paper in the beginning when i was learning it all. I also found a local ( well it is a drive for me) store that runs 25% off your entire purchase every so often so i could get different things.
  • trae1982
    March 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    I have thought about getting the cricut, how do you like it? Is it easy to use?

Quoting nebcutie:

Ebay was my best friend when i started. I also shopped the clearance section at hobby lobby for paper, i got the cricut so i didn't want to spend a bunch on paper in the beginning when i was learning it all. I also found a local ( well it is a drive for me) store that runs 25% off your entire purchase every so often so i could get different things.

• nebcutie
    March 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    It takes a bit to get used to but it is pretty easy. I love it! I also got a gypsy so i could plan on the road. Lol i have the expression. My dd loves it also, she decorates her room alot and uses it for reports for school. I also have the markers you put in it and will draw instead of cut. I love them for the holiday cartridges that came out a few years ago with lace like detail and makes pretty tags for gifts.

Quoting trae1982:

Quoting nebcutie:

• trae1982
    March 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    Hmm thank you!!! I will have to look into those and see what would be best for me. :)

Quoting nebcutie:

It takes a bit to get used to but it is pretty easy. I love it! I also got a gypsy so i could plan on the road. Lol i have the expression. My dd loves it also, she decorates her room alot and uses it for reports for school. I also have the markers you put in it and will draw instead of cut. I love them for the holiday cartridges that came out a few years ago with lace like detail and makes pretty tags for gifts.

Quoting trae1982:

Quoting nebcutie:

• nebcutie
    March 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    I really recommend ebay for the best deals once you decide. I also have the my storybook and love it! I only bought it cause it was a good deal and was shopping alot but it ended up being better then i thought it would be and mine had the cutting board with it and love it too.

Quoting trae1982:

Hmm thank you!!! I will have to look into those and see what would be best for me. :)

Quoting nebcutie:

Quoting trae1982:

Quoting nebcutie:

• trae1982
    March 20, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    Oh cool thank you!!

Quoting nebcutie:

I really recommend ebay for the best deals once you decide. I also have the my storybook and love it! I only bought it cause it was a good deal and was shopping alot but it ended up being better then i thought it would be and mine had the cutting board with it and love it too.

Quoting trae1982:

Quoting nebcutie:

Quoting trae1982:

Quoting nebcutie:

• krivera716
    March 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    I'm also new to scrapbooking. I just started about 2 months ago and I LOVE IT!! I agree with everyone eBay is surely the way to go. I also enjoy Jo-anns clearance Selections online. So far I've treated myself to a Cuttlebug and Cricut Expression 2. I have to admit it does take alittle getting used to but with all the tutorials on YouTube it helped out ALOT and I'm extremely happy with them, but can't wait to get a Gypsy. My step daughter (8 y/o) also knows how to work both machines and loves using it when creating cards, decorating her room, school supplies, etc.
  • ballerina18
    April 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM

That's fantastic you started scrapbooking! Have fun with it!

I just shop at my local scrapbooking store, so I don't have any tips on getting discounts.

• Abigail82
    April 21, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    I would get a cricut imagine. Cause it prints and cuts. And it's the same price as the expression. I have an expression 2 as well. Wish I would have done more reasearch for the imagine.
  • trae1982
    April 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    Thank you for the advice!!!

Quoting Abigail82:

I would get a cricut imagine. Cause it prints and cuts. And it's the same price as the expression. I have an expression 2 as well. Wish I would have done more reasearch for the imagine.

Crafts and Scrapbooking 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN