30 Something Moms

alexisb3
I went to a meeting
October 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I went to a meeting,about my grandfather's estate and his lawyer was there.He had his will made out 15 years ago.Every family member was there and I was happy what I got.I did get his vacation property,a huge chunk of money and and a couple old Winchester rifles from the 1880s.He passed away a couple weeks ago.I always liked staying at his vacation home as a little girl,went swimming in the lake and did some fishing.I caught a nice Bass once out of the lake.I also remember walking in the property seeing deer and nature.My grandfather and I went squirrel hunting back in the property a few times.He always told me shoot at the head.I was handed the key and two rifles.My grandfather had money,I am getting $225,000.00.It was estimated he just had just over two million dollars he never spent.

Replies

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    October 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I have always wished for rich grandparents, but alas, I have none. Congrats on the win.

• alexisb3
    October 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

He was a cheap wad,never spent a lot on things.I may get more,they found a savings account he had yesterday estimated to a be a million dollars.

• waytomanykids10
    October 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Congrats, I had rich grandparents. My mother and uncle inherited a lot of money when they passed away. My siblings (other then my 2 oldest sisters) and I will probably never see a penny of it.

• alexisb3
    October 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM

The two Winchesters,both 1885s I had appraised and I was shocked how much they were worth.I had Allen,my husband's co worker at work take a look at them and he said they are worth $2,500.00 each in great shape

• countrymomma81
    October 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I'd be more excited about the vacation home than anything else. Money comes in handy but it can be gone just as quickly as you get it. The memories that can be made at the vacation home would be far more valuable to me. 

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather though:/

• alexisb3
    October 13, 2013 at 8:05 PM

The money,I am not going to waste.My mother taught me to save money when I was 12 years old and teaching me money does not grow on trees

30 Something Moms