30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
JennasMom2
GRRRR! (vent)
September 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I'm annoyed. My husband comes home from work and tells me his friend (who is going through a divorce) needs help moving from his parents house to a friends house. Well, this "friend" happens to be my husbands ex gf. The whole situation is messed up. BUT, even more than that, my husband just had triple hernia repair surgery 5 months ago and went to see the surgeon last week because he was still in a decent amount of pain. I really don't want to argue with my husband about it, I didn't say anything when he told me, but sometimes I wish he wasn't so nice. In addition, even though the dr. said he has no restrictions, I really am not thrilled over the idea of him doing that much lifting. He's in pain after just being on his feet all day. GRRRR! 

Replies

• LuvHugs429
    September 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You may not want to start a fight but I would at least tell him how you feel and that you are scared of the risk he is taking after having hernia surgery. It can't hurt to talk about it, he may think you are jealous but don't even talk about the fact that it's his ex just the fact that you don't want him to reinjure himself.  If he does say you are jealous just assure him if it was anyone else you would say the exact same thing.

• csarnowski77
    September 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

totally understand being frustrated. It would be hard for me not to say something.

• Briesmom38
    September 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I'm not one to keep my mouth shut.  So something like this I would definitely have a talk with him and let him know exactly how you feel.  

• MYBABYANDI
    September 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM

i would be like hell no.  and if he helps her we can need to get a divorce.  y is he even still talking to his ex.  this seems fishy.  i would not stand for that.  whats more important i would ask him? me or her?

• esox
    by esox
    September 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    I would let him help her, maybe go with him to help out and to ensure he isnt the one doing all of the heavy lifting.
    The ex part wouldn't bother me. She is an ex for a reason. At some point he left her for you. Not all ex's are enemies.
  • Monsita
    by Monsita
    September 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    Please either go with him to help her too (due to the fact that he is ill) and let her know, or tell your husband you are willing to pay someone to help her due to his health situation!!!
  • JennasMom2
    September 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Sorry ladies, I don't think I was clear... My husband's MALE friend is moving in with my husbands ex. My husband isn't helping his ex move. I wouldn't let him help that one nor would he want to. He doesn't even support his friend moving in w/ her. She's just a toxic person. 

• Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    September 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I would tell him that you're afraid for his back ...

I understand how you feel I tend to bite my tongue too not to start fights

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN