30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Wrapstar80
Soon to be Soccer Mom to Soon to be Soccer Coach....WHAT?!?!
September 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

So I have signed my 4 year old up for soccer. He is my youngest so is super excited that he can participate in a sport finally! Our Rec Council either charges you per child per sport to opt out of volunteering or you have to volunteer to help during their events. I thought ehhh I can help be an assist coach since I will most likely be there.....guess what Ive been notified that I am the coach now LOL. This shall be interesting!!! hahablank stare

Replies

• countrymomma81
    September 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Same thing happened to me before. My husband usually gets roped into coaching our son's teams (especially soccer and football) and I'm usually team mom but I got asked to help out with the U-5 age group the very first year my daughter played. It was fun and we came out 2nd:)

• JennasMom2
    September 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

haha! That is awesome! I'm sure you'll be fine!! My son is starting soccer this year also, my daughter used to play and my husband coaches so we're a soccer family, lol. Good luck!!

• mumsy2three
    September 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Good luck and have fun!

• Lisha77
    by Lisha77
    September 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    This happens all the time. This is the first football season my husband hasn't been called to coach. Have fun!
  • CountryGrlAtHrt
    September 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    Good luck and have fun
  • mjimaging
    September 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    That happened to me in Wyoming when we lived there. They knew I could play hockey, I've played over twenty years. When the night coach, DD's team coach, got kicked out of the rink for a year for fighting! They begged me to coach. I said I didn't want to, I know nothing of coaching they insisted they would help out. Well they didn't, and no matter what I did parents were unhappy. I vowed, never again. I know the game, I can play the game, very well in fact, but a coach I am not. I can coach goalies, that's easy.

Good luck. The parents I had were brutal, maybe yours will be nice.
  • Pukalani79
    September 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM

That happened to us as well.  Have fun with it!

• letstalk747
    September 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM

whoa , could be really fun

• AMRios
    by AMRios
    September 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Good luck... I signed my husband up to coach my sons soccer team and our other sons baseball team... Thought I was being sneaky and getting out of doing it myself but little did I know he deployed the entire season! I was 7 months pregnant with a 1.5 year old coaching a 7 year olds soccer team then running to the next sport to coach a 5 year olds baseball team... Very overwhelming!

• KylesMom409
    September 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    Good luck and enjoy! :)

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN