30 Something Moms

brandim3
tubal ligation
September 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Alright ladies, have any of you had this done? If so what kind of recovery did you have, side effects, pain? Any info will help me greatly. Thanks

Replies

• kjbugsmom1517
    September 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    II had mine done with my c section alittle over 5 years ago. I cant really say how recovery was compared to someone who just had a tubal BUT i did notice that i would have pain in that area during my cycles for a while. Some people say their periods r heavier and i do have heavier periods. I think its done laproscopically most of the time now so recovery shouldnt be to bad
  • catevincesmom
    September 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I had one done w/ my last c-sec.  Not too much different healing, from what I noticed.  Maybe a lil more sore than the 1st c-sec, but nothing too bad. 

• titania94
    September 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    I had mine done during my c-section too. I didn't really notice a big change right away bug my cycles now are out of control. I am never on any schedule. To the point that I have downloaded a period tracker app to try to predict my next period. My periods are ridiculously heavy now too. Like soak through a super plus tampon and backup super pad within an hour or so. I have spoken to my gynecologist because I am sure this isn't normal -but she insists everything is fine.

I wouldn't recommend it. Sorry and good luck!!
  • kidlover2
    September 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    I wouldn't recommend it. I really wish that my husband's insurance would have covered a vasectomy. My "simple and quick recovery" surgery turned into an all day ER visit, Vicodin, and a " it'll be a while to heal and it will be painful" Apparently the surgeon nicked me and created a large hematoma in my stomach area. Two weeks later and I'm still having a lot of pain although I have finally weaned myself off the Vicodin.... I have a high tolerance for pain and this has just about done me in.
  • mhaney03
    September 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I had mine done about 2 months ago, was released a few hours after surgery.

The day after was a bit hard, but honestly compared to other things I've had done recovery was a breeze.

• MommyErinS
    September 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    I just had it done on Friday 8/30 with my c section. I am experiencing no problems and feel better this time around compared to my first section done 5 years ago.
  • countrymomma81
    September 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I did but it was done immediately after giving birth so I really don't know what recovery time was since I was down for childbirth anyway. 

• cocoroo
    by cocoroo
    September 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I had it 11 years ago after I had my fourth child.  I have had no problems with it.

• mamacalifornia
    September 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I had mine done in Oct 2012 and I am so glad I did! I had no pain what so ever from the gas or incision, I also did not take any pain medsI took it easy the day of the procedure and was back to normal the next day...

• Elyssa414
    September 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    For me, the first 2 days were lots of pain and cramping! After that, it was fine. I love not worrying about pregnancy every month!! :)

30 Something Moms