30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Jinxed8
Oh the Joys of FB
by Jinxed8
August 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM

So Wednesday we leave home for 11 days .... the first 2 days (wed & Thurs) I'll be on business but tagging DH and DD along since the company is paying for gas and hotel and meals.  On Friday morning, we check out of the hotel and head out to our first pit stop.  Stay overnight then drive the rest of the way back to my DH's home state.

Here's the bummer ; I can't post on FaceBook how excited I am to go on vacation because 1 - a friend of mine lives along the way and will be all pissed that I"m not stopping by to say Hi.  I have 2 other friends who live in the city I'll be on business in but I don't have time to go see them.  3. The visit back to DH's home state is a surprise.  We have not told any family members that we are coming.  Because we live 800 miles away, DH hasn't seen his family in over a year.  It'll be awesome. 

But, I can't post anything on FB, can't post that I"m packing the bags, can't post where I"m going, because my friends will be upset and my SIL will catch on. Gah !!!!  So I'm posting it on here

I'M GOING ON VACATION !!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Replies

• mjimaging
    August 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    Have a good vacation. For me, my far away family members aren't on Facebook so I don't have to worry about it. The important ones love by me and most don't get help us if I don't visit, then again, we rarely vacation where they live. We like Wyoming as a vacation spot and we have no family there and the friends we do have there, we make time for. They are good friends from a good time in our lives.
  • lalasmama2007
    August 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Enjoy your vacation!

• CountryGrlAtHrt
    August 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    Wooo Hoo,hope You have a wonderful trip!
  • diaperstodating
    August 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM

woohoo

Have a great vacation!!

• KylesMom409
    August 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    Have a wonderful time! :)
  • catevincesmom
    August 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I don't post vacations on FB or here, anyway, 'til I get back.  Safety/security reasons.  Have a great time.  :-)

• Jenn77781
    August 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Enjoy! :)

• ScrChk23
    August 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Plus a thief could see your posts from one of their 'friends' and know that you are out of town.  We will keep your secret safe.

• VintageWife
    August 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    You shouldn't post on there anyway because your house could be broken into. Look at it that way!
  • Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    August 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I know !!  But my FB is really just very close friends.  My phone number and address are not posted on FB not listed in the phone book.  As far as my house being broken into I"m not really scared either, I will have an in-house sitter for my 2 dogs - (One being a 90lbs german shepherd )

Quoting VintageWife:

You shouldn't post on there anyway because your house could be broken into. Look at it that way!

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN