30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
butterfly112505
Babysitting payment question:
July 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM

My daughter is 13 and she baby sat a 6 year old on Wed. from 6:00am-12pm then Thur. 6:15am-5:00pm and Fri. 6:30am-5:00pm. The mom paid her today and she paid her $45.00. I thought she should get paid a little more. What do you think? 

Replies

• EmilyG10
    July 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM

ah yeah she should have been paid more!!

• tazmidgiefairy
    July 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    I would have wanted more did they agree on a price
  • LoveMyBoyK
    July 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Hell yeah she should have been paid more. Just under 30 hours of babysitting should have earned at least $150. I would be pissed at the woman for taking advantage of your kid!!
  • butterfly112505
    July 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

They didnt agree on a price but normaly when she baby sits she get paid about $50.00 or so for less time. So I really dont know whats up. My daughter is a great babysitter and does everything she is asked so I know its not that but I guess I wasn't sure if I should say something to her. I thought she should have been paid $60.00 for that amount of time. 

• JodyWelz
    July 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    I would say definitely yes. That is less than $2 an hour. That is crazy. Did she agree upon a price before sitting?
  • grneyedormom
    July 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM

That length of time I would have expected at least $100-$150. Not to mention that was a lot of time for such a young sitter.

• cowgirls10181
    July 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    For the area i live in its $3 an hour in most cases so yes should have been more. Unless they agreed on a price before she watched them
  • butterfly112505
    July 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I agree. The 6year old she was sitting lives right next door, and we live VERY close to each other. I was home the entire time and checked on them many times as well. I think its crazy I even have to say anything. 

Quoting grneyedormom:

That length of time I would have expected at least $100-$150. Not to mention that was a lot of time for such a young sitter.

• grneyedormom
    July 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I'm glad you were close by, :) I would look into the Red Cross babysitting class for your kiddo. (Do they still have it?) I am considering having my kiddo take it, not because she's babysitting yet, but because she is slowly starting to stay home alone and it willteach her skills (on top of what I am teaching her) on how to react in emergencies.

Quoting butterfly112505:

I agree. The 6year old she was sitting lives right next door, and we live VERY close to each other. I was home the entire time and checked on them many times as well. I think its crazy I even have to say anything. 

Quoting grneyedormom:

• Lcherniske
    July 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I would have given her at least $90 for that. We did $3 /he for 1 child or $5/he. For 2. We always round up though. 

Quoting butterfly112505:

They didnt agree on a price but normaly when she baby sits she get paid about $50.00 or so for less time. So I really dont know whats up. My daughter is a great babysitter and does everything she is asked so I know its not that but I guess I wasn't sure if I should say something to her. I thought she should have been paid $60.00 for that amount of time. 

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN