Do you ever vacation without your kids?
by LuLuRex
July 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Do you ever vacation without your kids?

Replies

• LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    July 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I took a short vacation without my kids and I hated not being with them.

• Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    July 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I did it twice ... One time for a long weekend in New Orleans and another time for 5 days, when I got married in Vegas.  I didn't think it was appropriate to bring a 6 year old in Las Vegas ... besides it was my wedding / honeymoon didn't exactly want to spend my wedding night with my daughter sleeping in the next bed  ;)

But to take off for a week +, No.

• mamacalifornia
    July 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Nope and we won't until the youngest is 18!

• Marz31
    by Marz31
    July 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM

DH and I went on two duo trips when DD was 1.5 and then 2.5. It was nice, but she's old enough now that just about anywhere we want to go, there are things we want to show her and have her expeirence too. Talk to me in a few years ago when we haven't had an overnight without her and I'm sure my story will be different! LOL

• Pukalani79
    July 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM

We do.  My husband has two weeks of vacation, and we try to take one with the kids, and one just us.  Sometimes it's just for a day or two, but it's nice to reconnect with just us. 

• KylesMom409
    July 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    We've gone on maybe two trips without DS but that's it.
  • Briesmom38
    July 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I've been on two trips without my dd.  Once when she was very young I went to Cozumel with my best friend for 9 days.  And just recently, my SO and I took our first alone trip to the Keys.  Key West was definitely no place to take a child, we were gone 6 days.  Other then those two every vacation I've been on she's come too!

• mumsy2three
    July 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Nope never have. 

We've been on vacation without our oldest who is 19 but my husband and I have not gone on vacation alone since having kids.

• storkradio193
    July 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM

We haven't, but part of the reason is because our families live far away.  We don't have the opportunity to go away without bringing them along.

• lalasmama2007
    July 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Nope, never.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts