30 Something Moms

MixedCooke
Are you happy with what you have accomplished now that you are in your 30s??
July 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Have you accomplished all that you hoped you would by this age?

Replies

• Pukalani79
    July 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM

No, my life is nothing like I thought it would be.  But looking at my life, I feel very accomplished.  I have a fantastic husband who has a very well respected job.  We have 3 amazing kids. I'm a stay at home mom and very active with my kids and their activities.  I also run a charity organization that provides clothes and blankets and other necessities to needy children.  I'm very happy with where I'm at. :)

• mudwrap
    by mudwrap
    July 26, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    I'm not there yet but someday I will be.
  • KylesMom409
    July 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    For the most part. I switched careers but very glad I did because I was so unhappy.
  • SJerseyMom23
    July 26, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I am 33, been married 15 years.  I thought we would be so much more financially stable by now.  We are far from it.  I am in the close running for a great new teaching position--and WHEN I get it (not if ;) we will be able to atleast breathe again.  

BUT....money aside.  My boys are-for the most part--turning into nice young men. Im still happily married to my high school sweet heart.  And I have achieved my goal of completing college--just need that job!! 

• mumsy2three
    July 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM

For the most part yes.

I wasn't much of a dreamer/goal maker when I was younger so I did many things that weren't "part of the plan" so to speak. I don't work in the field that my degree is in but I feel the job that I have is much more rewarding. I never planned on getting married, My husband and I have been married for 19 years. Our marriage is solid and strong. I never planned on having any kids. We have 3, all are well adjusted, healthy and active. We own our home. We have come a very long way financially, from well below poverty level when starting out to being middle class comfortable. We aren't rich by any means but we have enough left over after household bills to have a little fun and still have money in the bank before the next check comes in. I am happy with where I am now~ the only thing that I would like to do is continue my education. I have an associates and would like to complete my bachelors, I am just having a very difficult time with deciding what to complete the degree in.

• lulu9209479
    July 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    Yes I am
  • Briesmom38
    July 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Definitely not where I thought I would be, but I am very happy with my life.

• SlightlyPerfect
    July 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM

That and more. Then I decided to forgo my career to be a SAHM. No regrets.

• SlightlyPerfect
    July 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Good luck! I'm assuming you're in Jersey. I'm in PA, and it's very difficult to get a teaching job. So I wish you luck!

Quoting SJerseyMom23:

I am 33, been married 15 years.  I thought we would be so much more financially stable by now.  We are far from it.  I am in the close running for a great new teaching position--and WHEN I get it (not if ;) we will be able to atleast breathe again.  

BUT....money aside.  My boys are-for the most part--turning into nice young men. Im still happily married to my high school sweet heart.  And I have achieved my goal of completing college--just need that job!! 

• morning_glories
    July 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    Not at all. My life has only begun. I have accomplished 3beautiful well behaved girls. But I am embarrassed about the fact that I have spent the first 14 years of motherhofalling by not setting an example of what a respectable strong woman looks like. This changes this year I have graduated and will soon begin work, than I can get a new reliable car, and hopefully by the end of the year I will be in the market for a home of our own.

30 Something Moms