30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
1sttimemama0531
She hates her crib!!
July 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM
My daughter is 8 months old. She's still nursing and she still sleeps in my bed with me. Co-sleeping is starting to get extremely difficult now though because she is now crawling and climbing on everything. She constantly tries to climb over me and jump out of the bed. I feel like she needs to start sleeping in her crib for safety reasons at this point. I've tried repeatedly to put her down in her crib and she refuses to sleep there. As soon as I put her down she screams like she's in excruciating pain. I've tried letting her "cry it out", but I'm not strong enough to do it for more than 10 minutes. Even if I wait until she's in a deep sleep and then move her to her crib, it doesn't work. Some how her body senses that she's being put in her crib and she wakes up immediately and screams!! What can I do? Is it too late to get her to sleep in her crib?

Replies

• MixedCooke
    July 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM

At 9 months starts separation anxiety but you still get some of its effects at 8 months but what worked for mine was giving my daughter my sleep shirt so she had Mommy scent for comfort and tat worked like a charm!

• Kara242
    by Kara242
    July 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM

my ds would scream bloody murder if we even looked at his crib. I put him in there to change him or just for him to 'play' and all hell would break loose. He slept with me till he was almost 4 :( It was the only way either one of us got any sleep.

• 1sttimemama0531
    July 13, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    Uh oh...sounds like I may have 3 more years of this!! It won't be such a big deal once she's old enough to get off of the bed safely. I actually kind of like snuggling with her at night :)

Quoting Kara242:

my ds would scream bloody murder if we even looked at his crib. I put him in there to change him or just for him to 'play' and all hell would break loose. He slept with me till he was almost 4 :( It was the only way either one of us got any sleep.

• 1sttimemama0531
    July 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    Thanks for the tip! We actually tried that one & she wasn't fooled :(. It would have probably worked if we did it when she was younger,

Quoting MixedCooke:

At 9 months starts separation anxiety but you still get some of its effects at 8 months but what worked for mine was giving my daughter my sleep shirt so she had Mommy scent for comfort and tat worked like a charm!

• alexsmomaubrys2
    July 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

What about putting him in pack in play next to the bed so he can still hear and see you?

• elzmnsf
    by elzmnsf
    July 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    Maybe side car your crib as a transitional thing? That way baby gets used to it while still in arms reach of you, and shouldn't be able to climb out.
  • 1sttimemama0531
    July 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    We haven't tried this yet, but I think it's our next step. I'm going to get dh to move her crib into our room this weekend. Thanks for the advice!

Quoting elzmnsf:

Maybe side car your crib as a transitional thing? That way baby gets used to it while still in arms reach of you, and shouldn't be able to climb out.

• 1sttimemama0531
    July 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    Tried it - if she can't curl up and snuggle with me, she's not happy!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

What about putting him in pack in play next to the bed so he can still hear and see you?

• Nerys-Kianna
    July 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I slowly transitioned my kids to their beds. First it was only nap times, then also sleep time. It worked but took a while. I stayed in the room til they were asleep and then left.

• emarin77
    July 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Well the minute she crawls out of her crib you can put her in a toddler bed.  If she still wants to sleep with you have the toddler bed next to your bed.  She is a strong girl.  

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts