30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
MommySal18
Boxers, briefs or boxer briefs
July 6, 2013 at 4:48 AM
So this has really been playing on my mind, my 13 y/o DS had a sleepover in our house last week. They day after my DS told me that his friend made fun of him because he wears briefs and not boxer briefs. It as always been his choice. I have been trying to get DS to wear them since he was 9 and now thought he finally decided. But he turned around and said he didn't care he got bullied over it because he doesn't like the other underpants type and likes to be "snug". I am proud of him that he is so Brave where most teenagers would conform to peer pressure but I am also worried incase he does get bullied in pe. What to do?

Replies

• vermontmoms
    July 6, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    My boys (10) have worn boxer briefs since they were little. If your son likes briefs and doesn't care if he is bullied then let him wear them.
  • diaperstodating
    July 6, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    My boys wear boxers. If your son prefers briefs then he should wear them.
  • soymujer
    July 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM

My oldest likes boxers, my middle son likes boxer briefs and youngest is 7 so he still wears briefs.  I hardly doubt that he will get bullied in PE for this as there are lots of boys who wear different things.  I'm sure he's not the only one who wears briefs.

• momtomy7kids
    July 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My boys all wear boxers.

• catevincesmom
    July 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Let him wear what he wants.  If he can ignore the teasing-more power to him.  :-)

• kidlover2
    July 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    This. My husband doesn't wear any underwear. and it never has affected his romantic life or his work life. Teenagers are cruel and if your son is going to succumb to peer pressure over what underwear he chooses to wear, he (and you) will have much bigger problems.

Quoting catevincesmom:

Let him wear what he wants.  If he can ignore the teasing-more power to him.  :-)

• azn_ladie82
    July 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Sadly, boys will be boys no matter what the person wears. I would just have him ignore the comments and keep his head up. My boys wear briefs at the moment, but they're younger than your son. However, 8 year old recently asked  me to buy him boxer briefs like his dad.

• buzybuzybee
    July 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I have 3 boys The oldest wears boxer briefs, my middle son wears only boxers and my youngest only wears briefs. Its their choice...not yours and not their friends. 

• TableforSeven
    July 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM

My sons wear briefs....they are comfortable in them.  They have never shown their underwear to their friends....so we have no clue what any other boys wear.

• JadeTigr7
    July 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    My son is almost 9 and still wears mostly briefs.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN