30 Something Moms

lalasmama2007
How was your 4th of July?
July 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM

patriotic

Replies

• LilliesValley
    July 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

It was ok. I've ahd a bad itchy rash for a week and it's just not getting any better and I'm pregnant so miserable would be the right word. I have only been getting about 3 hours of sleep a night so again miserable. We had my parents over and dd had a blast with fireworks but I was so tired and out of it from benadryl that I went to bed early. I had earplugs and honestly only got woken up by fireworks one time. I have no idea what time dd and dh finished fireworks with the neighbors. I woke up at 3am itching like crazy and decided by 3:30 that I wasn't going to go back to sleep. I got up and got a lot of stuff done. The doc thinks I had an allergic reaction to a new medication so hopefully since I stopped that med this will be over in a few days but my skin is just itchy and raw. I'm swollen and just uncomfortable. I was really looking forward to the fourth too. I'm glad dh and dd had a good time though and dd slept in until 9.

• lalasmama2007
    July 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Aww...that stinks!  When is your baby due?

Quoting LilliesValley:

It was ok. I've ahd a bad itchy rash for a week and it's just not getting any better and I'm pregnant so miserable would be the right word. I have only been getting about 3 hours of sleep a night so again miserable. We had my parents over and dd had a blast with fireworks but I was so tired and out of it from benadryl that I went to bed early. I had earplugs and honestly only got woken up by fireworks one time. I have no idea what time dd and dh finished fireworks with the neighbors. I woke up at 3am itching like crazy and decided by 3:30 that I wasn't going to go back to sleep. I got up and got a lot of stuff done. The doc thinks I had an allergic reaction to a new medication so hopefully since I stopped that med this will be over in a few days but my skin is just itchy and raw. I'm swollen and just uncomfortable. I was really looking forward to the fourth too. I'm glad dh and dd had a good time though and dd slept in until 9.

• lalasmama2007
    July 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Mine was great!  Instead of having everyone at my house (like we do every year), we decided to go to my parents instead since they just put in a new pool.  On the way to their house, I stopped in Joann's Fabrics and I finally found something that I've been wanting that they don't carry at the store near me.  After dinner we came home and watched the fireworks from our house.  

• LilliesValley
    July 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

October, two days before dd 7th birthday. She's very excited to be having a sister. I don't know what we would have done if it was a boy! LOL! But I saved everything from the last 6.5 years of hers so we don't need too many things which is nice. If it had been a boy I would have had some major garage sales!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Aww...that stinks!  When is your baby due?

Quoting LilliesValley:

• faeryfrog
    July 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    I worked. Our town will do the parade and fireworks tomorrow
  • bizkit_fanky
    July 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Pretty lame...Our fireworks were cancelled and it rained all day

• acrogodess
    July 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

very boring although I did finish up watching Caprica and can move on to Battlestar Galactica

• lalasmama2007
    July 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

That stinks =(

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Pretty lame...Our fireworks were cancelled and it rained all day

• whatmynameagain
    July 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Thunder storms all day but cleared up enough @8:45 that we saw fireworks from our windows.
  • storkradio193
    July 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM

It was good.  We hung out with friends at a festival in the morning and then other friends in the evening for dinner.

30 Something Moms