30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
ReeseStrickland
Circumcision regrets or not?
July 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM

3 years after my husbands vasectomy he apparently grew a third vas deferens and I became pregnant with #4, a boy this time. (I have 3 daughters)

After reading that the AAP and Dr. Sears both say there is no medical reason for circumcision we are fairly certain we aren't doing it.  However my husband is circumcised, and I'm a woman so tough call.

Anyone have uncirsumcized sons or hubbies? Regrets?  Circumcized a baby a regretted it?  Opinions?

Replies

• Dabberdoo
    July 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    This is going to get ugly. My sons are circumsized and I have no regrets. I'm very comfortable with my parenting choices.
  • ReeseStrickland
    July 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Why would it get ugly?

Quoting Dabberdoo:

This is going to get ugly. My sons are circumsized and I have no regrets. I'm very comfortable with my parenting choices.

• Dabberdoo
    July 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    Are you fairly new to Cafemom?

Quoting ReeseStrickland:

Why would it get ugly?

Quoting Dabberdoo:

• mumsy2three
    July 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM

This.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

• angelachristine
    July 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    My ds is not circimsized and I do not regret it at all.
  • ReeseStrickland
    July 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

No I'm not. Two questions, Did you circumcize and regret or did you not circumcize and regret.  Very simple, so far you are the only ugly thing about this conversations.  If you're so comfortable with your decision then settle down and go comment somewhere else, there is no need for ugliness.  I am just getting as much info and opinions as possible before making a final decision.

• mgarze
    by mgarze
    July 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM

My son is not circumsized and I have no regrets. It isnt something anyone should regret. Either you chose to do it or you dont. Only difference I see is that you have to make sure they pull that skin back when they wash it. My brother had it done in his 20s bc he never properly cleaned it as a child and it would hurt him during sex. I wanted my son circumsized and my hubby didnt prob. bc he isnt. 

• e-doolittle
    July 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

my DS is circumsized.  I do not regret it.

• Dabberdoo
    July 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    Oh forevermore. I wasn't being ugly. It was a legitimate question. If you have been around here any length of time at all you would know that discussions about circumcision rarely stay civil. And if you really want good information, go research it for yourself, make your decision, and stand by it. You really shouldn't be so defensive.

Quoting ReeseStrickland:

No I'm not. Two questions, Did you circumcize and regret or did you not circumcize and regret.  Very simple, so far you are the only ugly thing about this conversations.  If you're so comfortable with your decision then settle down and go comment somewhere else, there is no need for ugliness.  I am just getting as much info and opinions as possible before making a final decision.

• conniejo75
    July 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    I have one that is one that isn't. My oldest, we circ because I was young and thought that's just you did. My second though was not circ... I do not regret either choice. However, after researching it, I would never have another child circ unless medically needed.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts