30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
supermillerMom
How do you store your kids' photos?
May 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I'm 37 and have one child. He may end up being my only. (Hope not, but ya never know.) We take WAY TOO MANY pics of this kid! DH made a comment that there are probably more pics in existence of ds now than have ever existed of dh. I'm sure this is true for most kids of this generation. My question is: How do you organize your kids pics? Website? flash drives? Hard drive? What's the "best" way? The way things are now my son is going to have pics of him all over in random places. I'd rather have one location for everything. I really like Dropbox but I don't want to pay $9.99/month to keep it going. Thanks!

Replies

• kjbugsmom1517
    May 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    Before flashdrives were popular i started picture cds. I have started doing flashdrives cuz they hold way more.
  • KylesMom409
    May 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    We have ours saved on the computer, as well as CDs. We've got to somehow organize them though. They're everywhere it seems! LOL
  • TroyboysMom
    May 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I have photos saved to an external, as well as back-up CD copies. I also create a photo book of each year, using the best ones I've taken out of the year, and I have a different album where we keep all professional portraits of DS.

• Armygirl2299703
    May 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM

I put my pics on flash drives and /or CD. I have TONS of pics of my DD as well. I fear she will be my only child due to several losses before and after her. I need to adopt so I have someone else to take pics of. JK..sorta. I do want to adopt though so she isn't an only child.

• SuperPickle
    May 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I have online storage(Shutterfly is free and easy), flash drives and CD's organized by year (make sure to have a CD or online storage, flash drives can be erased easily, especially if as they get older. The should not be considered permanant storage!)

• Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    May 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I had a bunch of picture CDs and then flashdrive.

• MomsRule723
    May 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I have them online on Shutterfly split up by seasons (Spring 2013, Summer 2013).  But I do print a copy and put them in photo albums for the kids to look at.  And I print a few extra for my 7 year old, she is really into scrapbooking.  But my 3 year old LOVES looking at all the pics.  I probably have 4 albums that I have made for just her with her baby pics. 

• ScrChk23
    May 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Flashdrive.  I make scrapbooks for my boys.

• OliviaW.
    May 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    External hard drive and my favorites I put in a yearly scrap book.
  • supermillerMom
    May 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    I have both a shutterfly and snapfish account. Are they unlimited storage?

Quoting SuperPickle:

I have online storage(Shutterfly is free and easy), flash drives and CD's organized by year (make sure to have a CD or online storage, flash drives can be erased easily, especially if as they get older. The should not be considered permanant storage!)

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN