30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
kyledavidsmom
I am so hurt
May 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM

My mom has been really mean to me the last few years. She is all about my brother's their wife's and their kid's. She hasn't nothing to do with mine inless some one is around. Than she try to look like the good mom and grandma.

A few months ago I decided enough was enough. I basically removed these toxic relationships out of my life. I have had nothing to do with for months.

I wanted to try and make these relationships work. I went out and got my mom and 2 sil's stuff for Mother's Day. I took it over to my mom's and gave it to them. They threw it in the garbage and told me they didn't want that crap. They wanted money instead that broke my heart.

I left and came home crying to my dh. He told me I am never going to learn that my family hates me. That I need to move on and quit trying to make some thing work that just won't work. He is so sweet that he is taking me out for dinner. Some thing he hardly ever does. He would rather go through a drive thru.

Replies

• liss05
    by liss05
    May 12, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I believe you know what to do in your heart. Just Leave them be. Sorry that your family is so crummy to youhugs

• VintageWife
    May 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    Not acceptable! Get rid of them for good now!
  • me-n-mygirls
    May 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    my mother is the same....
    You have to stop sometime. They have to start before it can be a relationship at all.
    I am glad your husband is awesome! mine too. let him makeup for them and forget it. That was way beyond rude!!
    ((((HUGS))))
  • peledomer
    May 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

It sounds like your relationship used to be in a different place prior to a few years ago. Cherish what you had and forget the negative. Live in the moment with the ones that choose to be part of your life.

Happy Mothers Day!

• offrdngal
    May 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Your husband is right.  You've got to move on and leave all of those toxic people in your past.  Stop setting yourself to be hurt.  (((HUGS)))

• countrymomma81
    May 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM

OMG..that's hateful! If they didn't want it why on Earth not just keep it and discard it later? My heart literally hurts for you right now. 

• Karen_29
    May 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM

If I was you I would have nothing else to do with them. I would keep my kids away as well. I would not want that kind of behavior rubbing off on them. You made the step to try and fix the relationships. Any decent mother would not do that to her child. No matter how old they or how mad they are at each other you just dont do somrthing like that. I am sorry for what you are going through and i know it hurts but I would concentrate on your husband and kids and leave them alone. All it is going to do is drain you emotionally if you keep trying.(((HUGS)))

• Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    May 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

WTH ???  They threw it in the garbage in front of you ?  that is so rude and inconsiderate I'm speechless

Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. For good 

• azn_ladie82
    May 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I agree with the other comments. Sounds like they aren't worth your time and heart ache. Just focus on your family.

• cuasterose
    May 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I am so sorry that this happened to you...my heart goes out to you for having to endure that level of emotional abuse. It sounds as if you've done all you could...now you just need to focus on the blessed life you have with your husband and kids.

I kinda understand how you feel. My mom is also emotionally draining and sometimes downright abusive to me and my sister. She likes to point out our physical imperfections to us and if her grandchildren show up and are not dressed to the nines, she will make us feel like neglectful, retched mothers. Mothers Day was especially "pleasant". When I walked into the door she immediately ripped into me about my appearance. My skirt was too short ( it was slightly above the knee) , my shirt looked faded, my sweater looked old, my hair was too poofy, my thighs too big (I'm a size 6 with muscular legs), oh and I needed a serious facial because I had a zit on my cheek. After 2 straight hours of enduring this, I burst into tears, packed up and herded my kids into the car. My mom followed me to my car and I thought she would apologize, but she grabbed a hold of my sweater and berated me some more for wearing my "rags", then tossed 40 bucks to me and told me to go buy myself something decent and walked away. It took all my willpower not to make a scene in front of my kids! My children were heart broken because they wanted to spend more time with their grandpa (God bless him, he is the most loving man I've ever known). My dad understood, and gave me a big hug. I cried all the way home. I'm so glad I left because the day was much better. My DH and I spent the rest of the day cleaning up the patio, then we all went as a family to pick out pretty flowers for the patio and had a nice dinner at our local Italian restaurant. I got lots of hugs and kisses and loving words from my beautiful little family. My mom is not always this level of crummy, but she was pissed off because my brother had to work and couldn't come to visit, but he did call. According to my sister, my dad was super pissed at my mom and made her feel really guilty about her nasty behavior. I too have distanced myself from my mom over the past year, but it comes at the price of not being able to see my dad as much since I live over an hour away from him and he's getting up there in age. Sigh... Mommy drama sucks! 

Im glad that your DH was able to help you reclaim your day and make it a good one! :) 

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts