30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
.Peaches.
One Thing (PIOG)
May 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Name one thing people think about you that isn't true.

People think I'm cool. I have no idea why....maybe its the way I dress or something. But all illusions of me being 'cool' are immediately eliminated when I launch into a dialogue about something history or medical related, or start making references to 'Dr. Who' and 'Star Trek'. Then people realize I'm a huge nerd, and only call me when their kids won't stop throwing up at 3 AM or they need tech support. :/

Replies

• HockeyDanceMom
    May 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

People think I am a push over because I am quiet, but I'm not. I will stand up for myself and share my opinion when needed.

• Stephd710
    May 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM

People think im a snob.  Im just quiet until I get to know someone.  I have to listen and feel them out and get a feel for their personality and stuff.  Ive heard that so many times "I thought you were a snob or you didnt like me at first!"  I hate it, but I have a hard time opening up right away. Once im comfotable, im talkative, outgoing, funny, etc.  

• kidlover2
    May 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    Everyone I meet is shocked I'm not a prude. I've been accused of being a bible thumper and a " mental virgin". My life story scares people :) and though I am a Christian and I'm not shy to admit it, my best friend in the world, who I love more than my own life, is an outspoken atheist.
  • grneyedormom
    May 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    My friends lovingly call me "koogle" instead of google because I know a lot about a lot of things from working in social services. I can also be mistaken for being a bitch because I'm quiet and reserved until I'm comfortable in my surroundings.
  • lalasmama2007
    May 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

This is me as well.....

Quoting Stephd710:

People think im a snob.  Im just quiet until I get to know someone.  I have to listen and feel them out and get a feel for their personality and stuff.  Ive heard that so many times "I thought you were a snob or you didnt like me at first!"  I hate it, but I have a hard time opening up right away. Once im comfotable, im talkative, outgoing, funny, etc.  

• liss05
    by liss05
    May 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Me too!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

This is me as well.....

Quoting Stephd710:

• mumsy2three
    May 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

This~

Quoting Stephd710:

• Mantidae
    May 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

People think I'm a grown up.  Clearly they don't know me.

In my professional life, people tend to think I'm sweet and quiet, which keeps the element of surprise on my side when I lay down the law.

• DBone_Holmes
    May 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

People always mistake my kindness for weakness and try to take advantage of me but I finally learned how to say: "no". 

• whatmynameagain
    May 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    Im quiet ans have been thought to be serious or bitchy bc of it. Once I know people I open up and they are surprised I laugh about everything and am actualy laid back.
    I've also had people mistake my quiet naturr for weakness and they got out of sorts when I didn't bend to their will but stood up for myself.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN