30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
shoffboy2013
New
April 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Hello, i'm new to cafe mom.  I heard this was a good site to talk to other moms.  i am expecting my first in May. We are having a boy and the due date is may 22.  Does anyone have advice for any pain medication when i'm in labor?  I'm debating an epidural.  But i'm just not sure if thats the route i want to go.  I know/think i will need something for the pain. Just not sure what is the best option here.  What is your advice??

Replies

• lesh1013
    April 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hi & welcome  :)

I ended up getting the demural (sp?) shot after laboring for 6 or 7 hours...all that did for me was make me sleep in between the contractions.  I felt high as hell, and think I "passed out" between contractions.  lol  After that wore off (about an hour or 2 I think...it was all a blur) I labored with nothing, just me & my DH & our Doula.  I ended up getting the epidural about 4 or 5 pm when baby's heart rate kept dropping (I went into labor at 2am) then contractions stopped...so i had to have pitocin.  I won't lie...the epidural is NICE...and if you have a good anesthesiologist & hospital staff it doesn't hurt when they do it.  
    We wanted to go the natural route so that's why I held off on it for so long.  I ended up having to have a c-section, but baby is here & healthy now. 

You may surprise yourself with what you and your body can do.  It was a very painful experience, not gonna lie  :)...but the coolest thing at the same time. 

• belindah
    April 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hi I am Belinda.  I had an epidural and loved it with two of mine.

• lalasmama2007
    April 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Hello and welcome!

• rocrobin90
    April 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Hi and Welcome. I had an epidural with both of my kids

• amonkeymom
    April 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Congrats & welcome!

Many women find that a warm bath can be relaxing during labor and many hospitals have tubs in their labor rooms.  However, don't be afraid to ask for an epidural, even if it's not in the plans (or to decide against one if it is).

• Lionpaw
    by Lionpaw
    April 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Welcome!

I had an epidural with my two.. i almost didnt get it with my second because i was laboring to fast to get the iv fluid in me before they can give the epidural.  It makes a huge difference!! 

Congrats!!!   

• TableforSeven
    April 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Welcome!

• annelauer
    April 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Welcome!  My advice is just to know that your body can do it.  You will be happy in the end in your decision to go drug-free and allow your body to do what it is meant to do.  Good luck on your upcoming birth!

• trae1982
    April 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Hello, Welcome to the group. My name is Timna. I have 3 kids and had an epidural with all 3 of them and had a good experience with it every time. Congratulations!!!!

• Ayshren
    by Ayshren
    April 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    Welcome:)..I begged for an epidural and baby showed up before I could get one..but def ask for one!

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN