30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
atm1979
kissing your kids
by atm1979
March 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Do you find it appropriate for a mother to kiss our let her 13 yo dd kiss her I the lips? What age should it stop? Dd12 gets a kids on the head from me and dd6 & 7 get the lips but I'm slowly but doing that anymore...

Replies

• Luv.My.Kidz
    March 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM

my 12 almost 13 yr old son still kisses me goodnight on the lips and same with my 7yr old son. I don't make it a big deal. I kiss my Daddy on the lips when I leave his house and say Love you to him also. 

I don't get why people think it's such a big thing. I get the sexual abuse however this is different.

• SallyB_LMT
    March 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I kiss all my kids on the lips, I am 32 and I kiss my mom on the lips and my grandpa...it's a family thing.  I kissed my great grandparents, grandparents, parents, and now my own kids...on the lips...and I plan to continue.

I am not making out with them...it's just a little peck goodnight or goodbye.

• atm1979
    by atm1979
    March 21, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    I'm not saying it is...I guess it's how things happened while you growing up...we never kissed on the lips
  • TableforSeven
    March 21, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    I never kissed my kids on the lips at any age. They have always gotten kisses on the cheek or top of the head.
  • OliviaW.
    March 21, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    If they want to kiss why shouldn't they? I'll kiss mine on the lips until they don't want to anymore. I don't kiss my mom but hug her instead.
  • MixedCooke
    March 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM

eh, I know I stopped in elementary school.

• hollydaze1974
    March 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM
    When my son starts getting uncomfortable with bedtimes smooches, I'll quit... Shouldn't be long now, so I'll savor every one of them I get.
  • Wright77
    March 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    I have 3 DD ages 18,16 & 8 I only kiss my 8 year old and my husband on the lips . I let my girls decide when they were old enough whether it would be on the lips or cheek . I think it all depends on what your kids are comfortable with .
  • Mom2CMW
    by Mom2CMW
    March 21, 2013 at 2:46 AM

My four year old gets lip kisses sometimes, but I also try to vary it at times with forehead or cheeks. He's a boy he'll let me know when it's enough.....but for now like a previous poster said, enjoying every moment of it....I personally probably wouldn't go beyond maybe 6 or 7, i don't know

• paganmommy4
    March 21, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Yes I think age seven is when it should stop then again there is nothing sexual about it.. Men I would be more concerned because its always the dad

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts