30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
BellaByrdie
Handmade Double wedding ring quilt..... What would you think about getting one as a wedding present?
March 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM

My best, closest, dearest friend of 13 years is getting married later this year.  She has requested I not buy her anything for her wedding.  I am her matron of Honor and I have already been warned she will be tapping me for a lot of help doing stuff.  

She said I could make her something.  But she would kick my ass if I bought her anything.   I can't just give my best friend (basically my sister) NOTHING for her wedding.  

So I want to make her a Quilt.  A Double Wedding Ring quilt to be exact.  My question is to to you guys.  What would you think if you were given a Handmade Double Wedding Ring quilt?   Is it to old Fashioned?  To hokey?  

Replies

• huntersmama711
    March 15, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    I personally would love it. My wedding's in June, thanks! Lol
  • WesternNYmom
    March 15, 2013 at 3:57 AM

I would love it. I love quilts.

• KylesMom409
    March 15, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    I would love it. :)
  • CarrieMJ
    March 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    I would love it, my sisters mother in law made me a wedding ring pillow with our names on it that we used in the wedding, I still have it and I love it!
  • taz1993
    by taz1993
    March 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    I'd love to get one.
  • Briesmom38
    March 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I think that's an awesome gift.  I am betting your friend will love it, not just because it's a great gift, but because of the thought and work that you put into it.

• VintageWife
    March 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    I would looooooooove it!
  • illogicalkat
    March 15, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I would love you forever. Seriously

• alexsmomaubrys2
    March 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I love my wedding quilt. DH and I have had it on our bed since we got marriage, 10 years ago.

• allycally
    March 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    Sweet
    Yes

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email