30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Poohy1975
Why did i change the color of my hair (Pic.) PIOG Updated with better photo
February 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I hadn't gotten my hair died since about a month before my son died. Because of finances and the fact that i couldn't stop crying i hadn't gotten it done after i found out my miracle baby was dead at the age of 18. But this weekend i chose to set up the appointment to get it done. I knew i had to go back to brown cause the last few times i got it done i had blisters all over my head for about 3 days afterwards. Once it was back to brown it was VERY damaged.Had to cut an inch off because of the damage.So they suggested i get what they refereed to as a "manicure" for my hair. I didn't realize it was another dye with LOTS of nourishing treatment. (My hair looked very damaged so i said yes.) Was that ever stupid.It's not brown, it's freaking RED. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!

Before

After

The cross necklace is something my son wanted me to have before he died and i got after he died. I thought it was silver so tried cleaning it with silver cleaner. Well i found out the hard way it's copper. Once i get my locket with his hair in it i will be putting the cross away.When i cleaned it the left bottom of the cross literally got eaten by the cleaner. :(

What do you guys think of the new hair color? Please be honest,can't be worse than what i've thought of it.

I figured since a few people said they couldn't really tell by the photo that i would take a photo before i started PT since they have good lighting there. My husband got home from the field and he said,"I likey".LOL I'm sure if i wasn't in the pain I'm in we would have had some fun.

Replies

• G2Mama
    by G2Mama
    February 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I think it looks nice, from the picture you look younger.  I'm very sorry to hear about your son.  I can't fathom your pain and lose although I am somewhat familiar with what you're going through.  My brother was killed 10 years ago this November and I had to watch my parents do the unthinkable.  There is a really good book, 'When Your Soul Aches' that helped both my parents and my-self.  I had a really hard time losing my big brother and my parents struggled being there for me.  As far as your hair, from the one picture, I like it.  I'm sure it will take some getting use to because it is so different.  I'd give it a few days or a week and then see how you feel about it.

• LuckyMom822
    February 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I think it looks good! It has a little strawberry blonde look in the pic and that's prettier than all blonde or all brown IMO. And if your hair is healthier now then that's an added bonus! :)

• stellermom
    February 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I am saddened to read about your family's loss of your son, Clayton. My prayers ared with you and your family...

I can also relate to your issue of "red" hair.  I have tthe same problem, with my har pulling to a warm hue when using color.Alot of people naturally can "pull" a red color when dyeing their hair. I agree its not a good idea to attempt a few highlights in foil (to protect your sensitive scalp)  to break up the monotony (sp?) of the brown that you see as red. Honestly, the color, from what you can see in the picture, looks great on you, lthough if it isn't what you want, that is little consolation sometimes :/ I would recommend at home conditoning treatments, to help maintain the condition and nourish your scalp to proote growth, regular trims, etc to get our hair growing out and healthier and therefore easier to manage :)
     As far as the red in your hair - you can try a "purple shampoo" shimmer lights has an excellent one, but most beauty stores will have several options for your pocket. The ppurple will help counteract the red tones you see possibly and help a litte without chemicals. (This is the same 'poo used for brassiness in blond hair) You can also use the temp rinses in a brown shade to cover he red tones, but careful of rain, sweating, etc as that temp color can run lol

• veganistic
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    I think it looks nice actually. Doesn't look unhealthy at all.
  • ShelbysHope76
    February 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I think it looks nice, red washes out very easy and soon! that color adds color to your face and that is good! I do my color myself and use lot's of nourishing shampoo/conditioner.

• lalasmama2007
    February 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I think the color looks fine.  You're just not used to it.  I'm sorry for your loss =(

• TattoomamaPink
    February 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your son. know one will never be able to understand how you feel because it is something a mother should never have to face! but I feel your empathy I lost my BFF/cousin he was only 28 and that is still young to go and now I help raise his son that is 6 now that he left behind... and by the way I love your new hair color much better you look younger.. your very pretty lady!!

• mumsy2three
    February 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I think it looks good, natural.

I'm sorry about the loss of your son, hugs.

• sheri305
    February 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Quoting veganistic:

I think it looks nice actually. Doesn't look unhealthy at all.

• Poohy1975
    February 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Maybe you can help me? I have a daughter that will be 15 next month.When Clayton died ,before even talking to my daughter about it, i told the funeral home to cremate him before i got there cause i didn't want to see. him.Thankfully my daughter told me she NEEDED to see him before it happened.I still didn't want to see him but i knew there was no way i would let my daughter go through that alone. Well thankfully my husband was there with me cause once i seen him everyone else disappeared.Later everyone told me how he kept her from falling to the ground in tears because she was shaking so bad. While we were in CA she constantly talked about her brother and carried the stuffed animal he sent here a few weeks prior everywhere she went. Now she doesn't want to talk about him and she hates it that i have a memorial set up in our living room for him.( I need it there.It has a 11x14 of him and a lot of other stuff in it. But when i see him laying on that bed i need to have that to look at to erase how i last seen him.His jaw wasn't able to be shut and his lips and nose were black.He looked like he died screaming in pain/horror) Some days i wish she would just talk about him but i don't want to force it on her. But at the same time i don't want her to hold it in and get depressed.What should i do?

Quoting G2Mama:

I think it looks nice, from the picture you look younger.  I'm very sorry to hear about your son.  I can't fathom your pain and lose although I am somewhat familiar with what you're going through.  My brother was killed 10 years ago this November and I had to watch my parents do the unthinkable.  There is a really good book, 'When Your Soul Aches' that helped both my parents and my-self.  I had a really hard time losing my big brother and my parents struggled being there for me.  As far as your hair, from the one picture, I like it.  I'm sure it will take some getting use to because it is so different.  I'd give it a few days or a week and then see how you feel about it.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts