30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
bluedolly01
Diagnosed with Asperger's as an adult * long * PIOG
February 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I was just wondering if any of you lovely ladies has had to deal with a SO being diagnosed with Asperger's as an adult. My DH strongly suspects that he may have it but he won't go to the Dr to be officially diagnosed because "it won't change anything". He has done a number of online tests that have all showed very high probability of him having it. DH is significantly older than me and his mother was completely clueless her whole life, grew up in an institution because his mother was unable to care for her 5 kids but would not let other family members care for the children in case get became "attached" which might go some way to explaining why it wasn't picked up as a child and it wasn't until recently when we actually met an adult with Asperger's that things clicked into place. I really don't care whether or not he gets officially diagnosed but I am interested in hearing from the partners of people who have Asperger's, hearing your experiences and specifically how did/do you deal with it.

Replies

• jthompson1976
    February 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

not my self, but my daugther has asbergers

• bluedolly01
    February 21, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    Do you mind if I ask you some questions?

I am happy to pm you if you would prefer.
  • mariesmama
    February 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

yes my hubby was  its hard and its like he's socially awkward times 10 he has literally lost every job he's ever had because of it we moved to a place i cant find work, so we may end up moving from iowa to oklahoma where his mom is  i dont wanna move,but there has to be more work in a bigger city

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts