30 Something Moms

CotterpinDoozer
"To Old" for a bachelorette party.
February 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Someone I used to work with is getting married soon. We aren't close but we would chat during lunch sometimes and we're "friends" on facebook. Well, she posted a bunch of photo's of her bachelorette party from this past weekend, and I commented that it looked like she had fun. She messenged me and apologized for not inviting me, but she thought I might be to old to enjoy it. (It looked like it was on one of those gambling cruises)

Uh, I'm 31 lol. I wasn't expecting an invite, like I said we aren't close, but I guess I'm a little confused as to why she felt like she needed to give me an explanation.

Still, do you put an age limit on things like that? I only ask because I know people who've invited their mom's or MIL's to these events (Which seems awkward) I myself didn't have a bachelorette party, instead my husband and I took our wedding party out for a fun night together....so I was just wondering what your feelings were?

Replies

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Sounds like she was just giving a nervous explanation, and she stuck her foot in her mouth...

• diaperstodating
    February 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    She should have said thanks and left it at that. I don't know why she felt you needed an explanation, like you said you aren't close.
  • mumsy2three
    February 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I agree~

Quoting diaperstodating:

She should have said thanks and left it at that. I don't know why she felt you needed an explanation, like you said you aren't close.

• CotterpinDoozer
    February 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I know, I thought it was odd. Like why would you not just say "Thanks" and left it at that? I didn't feel the need to explain to people some of my FB photos.

• hollydaze1974
    February 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    WOW!!!!! I assume this chick is barely legal? Because only a child would verbally ( okay actually WRITE) that to another person! I don't care if they are 70+!!!

Christ, I don't even know what to say to that, but since you aren't close anyway, I'd block her. She's shown that she isn't in you league of maturity ( completely different than age) drop her.
  • CotterpinDoozer
    February 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM

She's 29. I normally don't do much but occasionally comment on a picture or something, but yeah I found that to be a little odd to say. Maybe she panicked and said it out really it seems like a simple "Thanks, it was" would have been more than sufficient.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

WOW!!!!! I assume this chick is barely legal? Because only a child would verbally ( okay actually WRITE) that to another person! I don't care if they are 70+!!!

Christ, I don't even know what to say to that, but since you aren't close anyway, I'd block her. She's shown that she isn't in you league of maturity ( completely different than age) drop her.

• Firewoman33
    February 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM

ha ha ha You are only 2 years older then her?

Yeah I'd say she just stuck her foot in her mouth and probably feels pretty silly now. 

No way would you be too old for a bachelorette party. Then again at 31 I was still single and enjoying it. :)

• CotterpinDoozer
    February 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

She's always been pretty immature, so I probably shouldn't have been as surprised as I was that she felt the need to say something.

Quoting Firewoman33:

ha ha ha You are only 2 years older then her?

Yeah I'd say she just stuck her foot in her mouth and probably feels pretty silly now. 

No way would you be too old for a bachelorette party. Then again at 31 I was still single and enjoying it. :)

• carakitty
    February 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM

How rude of her! I'm in my mid 30s and still like to get our and party like I'm 20 now and again. Of course, I pay for it later! But still, never too old to have fun just old enough to know better in some cases! ;)

• Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    February 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM

at 31 you sure ain't too old for to attend a bachelorette party ...  but hey maybe she felt the need to explain.  I find that there is a point in life when having a stripper over may be more of a 20something's thing.  I didn't have a bachelorette party for my second wedding.  My best friend wanted to throw me a bridal shower and I declined that as well. 

30 Something Moms