30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
CotterpinDoozer
"To Old" for a bachelorette party.
February 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Someone I used to work with is getting married soon. We aren't close but we would chat during lunch sometimes and we're "friends" on facebook. Well, she posted a bunch of photo's of her bachelorette party from this past weekend, and I commented that it looked like she had fun. She messenged me and apologized for not inviting me, but she thought I might be to old to enjoy it. (It looked like it was on one of those gambling cruises)

Uh, I'm 31 lol. I wasn't expecting an invite, like I said we aren't close, but I guess I'm a little confused as to why she felt like she needed to give me an explanation.

Still, do you put an age limit on things like that? I only ask because I know people who've invited their mom's or MIL's to these events (Which seems awkward) I myself didn't have a bachelorette party, instead my husband and I took our wedding party out for a fun night together....so I was just wondering what your feelings were?

Replies

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Sounds like she was just giving a nervous explanation, and she stuck her foot in her mouth...

• diaperstodating
    February 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    She should have said thanks and left it at that. I don't know why she felt you needed an explanation, like you said you aren't close.
  • mumsy2three
    February 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I agree~

Quoting diaperstodating:

She should have said thanks and left it at that. I don't know why she felt you needed an explanation, like you said you aren't close.

• CotterpinDoozer
    February 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I know, I thought it was odd. Like why would you not just say "Thanks" and left it at that? I didn't feel the need to explain to people some of my FB photos.

• hollydaze1974
    February 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    WOW!!!!! I assume this chick is barely legal? Because only a child would verbally ( okay actually WRITE) that to another person! I don't care if they are 70+!!!

Christ, I don't even know what to say to that, but since you aren't close anyway, I'd block her. She's shown that she isn't in you league of maturity ( completely different than age) drop her.
  • CotterpinDoozer
    February 18, 2013 at 8:38 PM

She's 29. I normally don't do much but occasionally comment on a picture or something, but yeah I found that to be a little odd to say. Maybe she panicked and said it out really it seems like a simple "Thanks, it was" would have been more than sufficient.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

WOW!!!!! I assume this chick is barely legal? Because only a child would verbally ( okay actually WRITE) that to another person! I don't care if they are 70+!!!

Christ, I don't even know what to say to that, but since you aren't close anyway, I'd block her. She's shown that she isn't in you league of maturity ( completely different than age) drop her.

• Firewoman33
    February 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM

ha ha ha You are only 2 years older then her?

Yeah I'd say she just stuck her foot in her mouth and probably feels pretty silly now. 

No way would you be too old for a bachelorette party. Then again at 31 I was still single and enjoying it. :)

• CotterpinDoozer
    February 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

She's always been pretty immature, so I probably shouldn't have been as surprised as I was that she felt the need to say something.

Quoting Firewoman33:

ha ha ha You are only 2 years older then her?

Yeah I'd say she just stuck her foot in her mouth and probably feels pretty silly now. 

No way would you be too old for a bachelorette party. Then again at 31 I was still single and enjoying it. :)

• carakitty
    February 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM

How rude of her! I'm in my mid 30s and still like to get our and party like I'm 20 now and again. Of course, I pay for it later! But still, never too old to have fun just old enough to know better in some cases! ;)

• Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    February 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM

at 31 you sure ain't too old for to attend a bachelorette party ...  but hey maybe she felt the need to explain.  I find that there is a point in life when having a stripper over may be more of a 20something's thing.  I didn't have a bachelorette party for my second wedding.  My best friend wanted to throw me a bridal shower and I declined that as well. 

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN