30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
oahoah
How much to spend?
by oahoah
February 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I've been invited to a babyshower and am just wondering how much to spend. I don't know her very well but we attend the same groups (homeschool moms and events related to homeschool); I do know this is her 5th and I know the etiquette surrounding multiple baby showers, I'm not worried about that.  Do you think $20 is too cheap? Would you buy diapers too? Thanks.

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    February 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

i would get diapers and maybe an outfit.

if you arent close, $20-$25 is more than enough... or see if you and another can go in for a bigger gift.

maybe put together a diaper cake for her

• crwspringer
    February 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    Is it at someone's home or at a restaurant? I usually try to spend what they spend on me being there.
  • Knightquester
    February 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM

If you don't know her too well and she's just an acquaintance that is part of a group you're in then I think $20-$25 is perfect; you could even possibly go less if you find a nice baby blanket or item that's cheaper but of good quality.  I tend to buy what I think the person would like, but if the person isn't somebody I know too well I will usually give them a gift card, or an inexpensive gift that I know they can use.

• Pazamia
    by Pazamia
    February 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Yea, I think $20 is enough. 

• LaughingTattoo
    February 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM

20 should be good enough imo....I wouldnt even go honestly bc I dont do the whole multiple showers thing

• diaperstodating
    February 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    $20.00 is more than enough.
    I don't see why you can't just get diapers and a card. If this is her fifth all she really needs is diapers.
  • carakitty
    February 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I think your amount is good. I would probably give a gift card to a baby boutique or see if she has a baby registry going. Seems to me like she'd already have everything but it would depend on her life circumstances I guess.

• kyledavidsmom
    February 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I agree

Quoting diaperstodating:

$20.00 is more than enough.
    I don't see why you can't just get diapers and a card. If this is her fifth all she really needs is diapers.

• JasonsMom2007
    February 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    I've only been doing $25 for people I know pretty well. There are 5 of them pregnant right now and I just can't afford more than that.
    I think it's fine.
    The last baby shower I did a laundry hamper with a homemade blanket and all of that little stuff you know, hangers, soaps, lotions, diaper rash cream, wipes, some nursing pads, etc. She loved it because everybody else bought clothes.
  • MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Yeah, I'd say 20 or 25 max.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts