30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
oahoah
How much to spend?
by oahoah
February 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I've been invited to a babyshower and am just wondering how much to spend. I don't know her very well but we attend the same groups (homeschool moms and events related to homeschool); I do know this is her 5th and I know the etiquette surrounding multiple baby showers, I'm not worried about that.  Do you think $20 is too cheap? Would you buy diapers too? Thanks.

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    February 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

i would get diapers and maybe an outfit.

if you arent close, $20-$25 is more than enough... or see if you and another can go in for a bigger gift.

maybe put together a diaper cake for her

• crwspringer
    February 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    Is it at someone's home or at a restaurant? I usually try to spend what they spend on me being there.
  • Knightquester
    February 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM

If you don't know her too well and she's just an acquaintance that is part of a group you're in then I think $20-$25 is perfect; you could even possibly go less if you find a nice baby blanket or item that's cheaper but of good quality.  I tend to buy what I think the person would like, but if the person isn't somebody I know too well I will usually give them a gift card, or an inexpensive gift that I know they can use.

• Pazamia
    by Pazamia
    February 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Yea, I think $20 is enough. 

• LaughingTattoo
    February 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM

20 should be good enough imo....I wouldnt even go honestly bc I dont do the whole multiple showers thing

• diaperstodating
    February 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    $20.00 is more than enough.
    I don't see why you can't just get diapers and a card. If this is her fifth all she really needs is diapers.
  • carakitty
    February 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I think your amount is good. I would probably give a gift card to a baby boutique or see if she has a baby registry going. Seems to me like she'd already have everything but it would depend on her life circumstances I guess.

• kyledavidsmom
    February 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I agree

Quoting diaperstodating:

$20.00 is more than enough.
    I don't see why you can't just get diapers and a card. If this is her fifth all she really needs is diapers.

• JasonsMom2007
    February 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    I've only been doing $25 for people I know pretty well. There are 5 of them pregnant right now and I just can't afford more than that.
    I think it's fine.
    The last baby shower I did a laundry hamper with a homemade blanket and all of that little stuff you know, hangers, soaps, lotions, diaper rash cream, wipes, some nursing pads, etc. She loved it because everybody else bought clothes.
  • MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Yeah, I'd say 20 or 25 max.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email